Wikiposts

Coal supplier

Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Mariboodebumbum is on a distinguished road
Default Coal supplier

Hi Folks,
I've seen various threads re logs, but can anyone tell me is coal available?
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of
Default Re: Coal supplier

As far as I know you can not get coal here, just charcoal and wood
Joao
Old Dec 15th 2008, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

davidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Joao
As far as I know you can not get coal here, just charcoal and wood
Joao
We can't find coal here just over the bridge... however we do use charcoal.. gets the wood burning and kicks off good heat....!
Old Dec 18th 2008, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

Off topic, but are you settling here with young children? My son is keen to come but his other half isn't sure how isolated she'd feel.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:08 pm
Banned

goispro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mariboodebumbum
Hi Folks,
I've seen various threads re logs, but can anyone tell me is coal available?
Because of the geology of Portugal there is no naturally occurring coal or gas. All the coal which is imported into Portugal is used either for power generation or as a source for road tar. The by-product of coke is returned to the power station. Historically, coal was used on the Portruguese railway network and also in the station buildings of the railways, and some wealthy houses. However, wood is more commonly used for heating - it is much more environmentally sound and is far cheaper than imported coal.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Mariboodebumbum is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by anna58
Off topic, but are you settling here with young children? My son is keen to come but his other half isn't sure how isolated she'd feel.
No, at present we are building with the view to retiring to Portugal in the future.
My children are big and smelly and at Uni- hurray!