Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

chicken piri piri

chicken piri piri

Old Jan 27th 2007, 7:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: chicken piri piri

Originally Posted by Mattiespeople
Hi jdr - have you ever thought of a visit to Portugal? Drive all along Algarve the East, West and Middle are all so different but excellent.
Now back to Piri Piri - I find most places to not add before cooking but provide an oil based sauce. The best is at the Markets where they do BBQ chicken over oil drums - the piri piri is dark red and amazing, Vindalooooo strength - served with jugs of wine, olives bread chips and salad. A good meal for 4 people approx 24 Euro's for the lot!
Sounds very tempting ;-)
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:05 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Sounds very tempting ;-)
You should!!!!
Come and sample the food,and the scenery.............and the people.
We have often popped over to Spain,we are going to Madrid next month for a couple of days,Ryan air have a promotion on from Faro,1 cent each yippeeeee.
I think you would love Portugal
Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

you cant beat roast chicken with piri piri
Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
You should!!!!
Come and sample the food,and the scenery.............and the people.
We have often popped over to Spain,we are going to Madrid next month for a couple of days,Ryan air have a promotion on from Faro,1 cent each yippeeeee.
I think you would love Portugal
That is what I call a cheap fare ;-)
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:48 am
Just Joined

rogil is a jewel in the roughrogil is a jewel in the roughrogil is a jewel in the roughrogil is a jewel in the rough

I have eaten lots of chicken Piri Piri in the Algarve but a favourite place of mine and my wife's is Adega da Marina in Lagos, its situated in the main avenue, ask any local and they will tell you where it is. All the food there is superb and very good prices, it is a very big place but in the summer, unless you get there by 7pm you have to wait outside as they get so busy. Try it but go early.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:03 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rogil
I have eaten lots of chicken Piri Piri in the Algarve but a favourite place of mine and my wife's is Adega da Marina in Lagos, its situated in the main avenue, ask any local and they will tell you where it is. All the food there is superb and very good prices, it is a very big place but in the summer, unless you get there by 7pm you have to wait outside as they get so busy. Try it but go early.
Yes I know lots of people who go there,and say its very good value,I have seen people waiting on the pavement in the summer to get in
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Sounds like quite a few chicken places in Lisbon - you take a ticket and wait your turn - I think it is the best chicken in the world - but then again, I'm biased