Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to move extra baggage to PT.

Cheapest way to move extra baggage to PT.

Old Mar 2nd 2019, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Cheapest way to move extra baggage to PT.

I have been quoted hundreds of euros to move 90 kg of extra baggage by removal firms such as Man With A Van and all the other Van Men in Portugal. Some went as high as € 2 000.00 while the goods were only worth € 650.00.

The mods can delete this if they wish but I do not benefit from this in any way but sendmybag.com charged me € 153.00 for all 3 suitcases weighing at 30 kg each. This is door to door from PT to UK.

Old Mar 3rd 2019, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Andy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest way to move extra baggage to PT.

Worth knowing - thank you. We’ve used Algarve removals for general “stuff” at approx £100/cubic metre plus vat so general shipping companies could also be a (slower!) option.
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

The independent removal companies [algarve removals, direct transport, etc] are usually very efficient when you move deliver / pickup to and from their depots.
But if they need to deliver to your door, it's a dedicated journey for them and you pay for that.

I recently shipped a couple of small diesel engines; a 'half pallet' 230kg all the way across Europe for E100, door to door.
That was mainfreight forwarders.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 11:04 am
Living the Dream

westernliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond repute

We have used Direct Transport in the past and found them very reasonable. You need to have a method of delivering the goods to their base in Hampshire. If you are in a position to collect from their depot in Porches it's obviously cheaper than having it delivered to your door. We have also used sendmybag, it depends on what you're transporting as to who you use.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Sendmybag charged me € 120.00 for 2 large suitcases door to door. Eurosender quoted me € 88.00 for the same bags.