Reload this Page >

Changing SEF appointment

Changing SEF appointment

Old Nov 20th 2022, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changing SEF appointment

Originally Posted by J00ls
Hi Bons, no I had not received anything, so was still waiting to receive my first appointment. Paula just hurried it along for me. That was 2 weeks ago and I have now paid and am watching my post box with bated breath. There is underground parking at the Market in Faro and its easier enough to find. What no one told me when I attended was NOT to take a ticket when you go in - just wait for the time of your appointment and then go to to desk 6 (in a corner near the window). We spent ages debating which ticket we should take - and panicking!! Oh - and don't wear a white or pale coloured shirt - the camera doesn't like it.
Good advice, thanks. I haven't changed it yet.
Old Nov 21st 2022, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J00ls
What no one told me when I attended was NOT to take a ticket when you go in - just wait for the time of your appointment and then go to to desk 6 (in a corner near the window). We spent ages debating which ticket we should take - and panicking!! Oh - and don't wear a white or pale coloured shirt - the camera doesn't like it.
I second that!
Same thing in Amora
I was lucky enough to hear someone there being told the same about not taking ticket, who had been waiting for ages with a ticket and hence got late
They also had problems with the lightshirt
Delayed me, but overall a 5 star exerience
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

J00ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, after a couple of years here I am now trained to automatically take a ticket whenever I see a machine when I walk in to a place! We ended up taking 3 and in that way eventually were redirected to desk 6. No signs anywhere of course - that would have been too simple.
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

No problem at SEF Faro. We were met at the entrance where we showed a paper copy of our appointment interview. We were immediately shown to a seat near the desk that had the biometric camera/fingerprint machine close by. Five minutes before our allotted appointment times, we were separately called to that desk and the process was completed in 10 minutes by a lovely English-speaking lady. QED.
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Fluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura about

I really don't know how anyone has managed to change their appointment. I have tried numerous times but there is no check box beside my name so my original appointment is still there. I have also written many times to sef about this with no answer! The only option I have on the site is to cancel the whole application. I am extremely scared of doing that as I don't know what the outcome will be. Has anyone done that and survived?
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

I have done it Flufflyhead, no problems at all.

Did it for my husband as his was in Faro instead of Beja and he now has an appointment next week - in Beja.

Did mine too, so we could both go at the same time, but going foiled on that one.

But just cancel it and then wait a week or so for another appointment.
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fluffyhead
I really don't know how anyone has managed to change their appointment. I have tried numerous times but there is no check box beside my name so my original appointment is still there. I have also written many times to sef about this with no answer! The only option I have on the site is to cancel the whole application. I am extremely scared of doing that as I don't know what the outcome will be. Has anyone done that and survived?
We're dithering about it too. After all we went through to to get here, we don't want to mess it up now.
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

I got my first appointment for a month ago.
Since I am now living outside PT and have no need of the card, i just ignored it.
Today i received another time slot opportunity, from 22/11 to 2/12.
Old Nov 25th 2022, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Fluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura about

Yes I know you managed it ouriquejan but did you cancel the application first? This is the ONLY thing I am able to do on the site so I'd really like to know if anyone cancelled the whole application and what happened next. Thanks
Old Nov 25th 2022, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, cancelled the whole thing, re did his application form and it worked.
Old Nov 27th 2022, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

I didn't change it in the end, got it all done in Lisbon on Friday. There's parking at Pingo Doce around the corner which is under cover and we left the dog in the car. We had parked at the bottom near the exit and there was a man working there at a desk. It wasn't hot and the dog was fine. We didn't get to go in at out appointment time, there were 9 others before us, I think the whole process took about an hour including the wait, so we could keep checking on her. The actual time a the desk took about 10 mins, maybe a bit longer as it wouldn't accept my right finger print at first!
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

ouriquejan, thanks for letting me know that cancelling worked and sorry it's taken so long to reply.
We've decided that we have proof from the emails we did receive from sef, are proof that we wanted to cancel the appointment. Even though none of their replies addressed our problem with cancelling, the standard reply wasWe inform that, in case you were not able to schedule/reschedule the appointment, you should wait for the next round of notifications, informing the procedure to be taken.

So we will wait and hope we get notified before our residency runs out in February!
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

I shouldn't worry Fluffyhead. Ours ran out a year last May!