Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Changing address in Portugal

Changing address in Portugal

Old May 18th 2021, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Cliffo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing address in Portugal

I recently moved to Caldas da Rainha from Aveiro. Thanks to the folks on here for the helpful views and information last year.
Now that I'm here I need to update my Cert de Registo de Citadao da UE, Financas and drivers licence. I managed to notify Financas online but damned if I can find how to notify SEF/Camara online for the Cert and IMT online indicates they have no appointment slots in either Leiria or Coimbra.
Has anyone had recent experience updating this kind of data? I'm a little bit concerned that there may be some legal requirement to update home address for the drivers licence.
Thanks
Old May 18th 2021, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing address in Portugal

Can't help with IMT but for the Residency A4 piece of paper that you have from your Freguesia/Camara in Aveiro, needs to be updated anyway - you may have read about us all waiting on the SEF to get on with the issueing of new Residencia biometric cards which entail an interview at which the biometic bits are done at a nearby Camara ... so we are waiting for that. There have been many instances of people wanting to change address, update with new passports, etc etc and the advice seems to be apply for the SEF/Camara appointment with the intention to make any changes then! Meanwhile we are in limbo, but do have a special printout having made the appointment request with a QR on it which you have to show to anyone who needs to know along with your old (tatty) A4 Residency paper.
Apply to https://brexit.sef.pt/en/
Sorry - I am presuming you are UK Citizen and resident in PT from before Jan 2021?
Old May 18th 2021, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cliffo
I recently moved to Caldas da Rainha from Aveiro. Thanks to the folks on here for the helpful views and information last year.
Now that I'm here I need to update my Cert de Registo de Citadao da UE, Financas and drivers licence. I managed to notify Financas online but damned if I can find how to notify SEF/Camara online for the Cert and IMT online indicates they have no appointment slots in either Leiria or Coimbra.
Has anyone had recent experience updating this kind of data? I'm a little bit concerned that there may be some legal requirement to update home address for the drivers licence.
Thanks
You can try and send them an email : [email protected] if you are not already registered on their website . Bit of a Catch 22 as you have to use you full address to register on the site :
https://servicos.imt-ip.pt/ValidarDocumentos.aspx
Old May 18th 2021, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I'm in a similar boat. Needing to update address soon with all the above. Can I ask how you updated your address with financas? Via portal?
Old May 19th 2021, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Cliffo is an unknown quantity at this point

For Financas, I logged in and found my way in the menu.
Pessoal....Morada....Alteracao de morada.

Filled in the data and got a confirmation that a code will be sent to the new address which I should enter to confirm.

For the IMT, I sent an email to [email protected] explaining my needs in English but with a Google translation. Got a reply very quickly asking me to reply with licence number and scan of ID (passport) and scan of rental contract as proof of address. Did that and within a few hours got a reply to say "all done".

Still struggling with SEF. It must be due to their current "problems" and heavy demand from UK passport holders. Found a way to register on the SEF website and a place to request an appointment but no appointments available at any offices.
Old May 19th 2021, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Cliffo - "Still struggling with SEF. It must be due to their current "problems" and heavy demand from UK passport holders. Found a way to register on the SEF website and a place to request an appointment but no appointments available at any offices."

Did you get the offer to print out a letter/certificate while you were on the website and requested the appointment - this is the very important bit of paper with a QR (square bar-code thingy) on it which proves that you are entered into the system for the new card (and waiting like the rest of us!) in case you need to prove residency - especially to show when travelling abroad with your A4 Residency certificate ...
Old May 20th 2021, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

For Financas, I logged in and found my way in the menu.
Pessoal....Morada....Alteracao de morada.

Filled in the data and got a confirmation that a code will be sent to the new address which I should enter to confirm.

For the IMT, I sent an email to [email protected] explaining my needs in English but with a Google translation. Got a reply very quickly asking me to reply with licence number and scan of ID (passport) and scan of rental contract as proof of address. Did that and within a few hours got a reply to say "all done".

Still struggling with SEF. It must be due to their current "problems" and heavy demand from UK passport holders. Found a way to register on the SEF website and a place to request an appointment but no appointments available at any offices.
Thank you for the info