Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Change Financas address?

Change Financas address?

Old Jun 24th 2020, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

ricko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Change Financas address?

I've spent some time looking at the portal de Financas for
the page to change my address, but without success.
If it is possible on the site, could someone please explain how
to get to that page
Old Jun 24th 2020, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

qianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change Financas address?

I believe if you want to change foreign address to PT address hence changes you tax status, you have to do it in financas personally. You can only change from PT address to PT address online.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qianh
I believe if you want to change foreign address to PT address hence changes you tax status, you have to do it in financas personally. You can only change from PT address to PT address online.
That is correct, changing from non-resident to resident or vice versa require visit to local financas.
They would want to see proof backing up your request.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EU.flag
That is correct, changing from non-resident to resident or vice versa require visit to local financas.
They would want to see proof backing up your request.
Slightly related to this thread, when obtaining an NIF can one use a utility bill instead of a bank statement as proof of address? I never receive paper documentation, all online.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

A utility bill is weaker evidence that you live at that address (you might be renting it to others while paying the bills) but you may get away with it. Can you not download and print a bank statement? I haven't received a paper utility bill for years! Another option is a letter from the relevant taxation authority (ie HMRC for the UK).
Old Jun 25th 2020, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ricko
I've spent some time looking at the portal de Financas for
the page to change my address, but without success.
If it is possible on the site, could someone please explain how
to get to that page
You can change one non-Portuguese EU address to another non-Portuguese EU address at https://www.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt...esForm1.action. It may be that the same link allows a Portuguese address to be changed to another Portuguese address. @qianh might be able to confirm?