Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Be careful selling stuff online in Portugal.

Be careful selling stuff online in Portugal.

Old Mar 2nd 2019, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Be careful selling stuff online in Portugal.

I have been trying to sell appliances and household items online for 3 weeks and the only replies I get are from scammers.

Most are wanting to pay via PayPal and send an "agent" to pick the item up but I know the payment can be reversed when they tell PayPal that the item was not received. Or they can reverse the payment via their bank after it shows up in my account.after it has been picked up.

Now a new one emerged. They will send DHL with the payment to pick the item up. DHL will pay me in cash but I must have an account with them. No problem. He will open the account on my behalf using my email address.

In my spam folder I get an email from [email protected] asking for my banking details. DHL will not use gmail as an address and it also had no letterhead. So be careful as it seems people are desperate.

Some plead severe poverty with 6 kids that have no TV and want mine for next to nothing even though I have priced it down to next to nothing.

Old Mar 3rd 2019, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Be careful selling stuff online in Portugal.

I had pretty good success using facebook groups for selling; my location is fairly remote but people were willing to come to me for things.
My lawnmower sold in 12 hours.
I bought some things too.
It didn't work well for cars though; maybe just bad luck.
When I bought things using paypal and wanted a refund, it doesn't work. Maybe I waited too long.
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Re: Be careful selling stuff online in Portugal.

Facebook groups work well in the UK but we do not have one for Viana do Castelo. In over 3 weeks all I have managed to sell on Custo Justo was a wheelchair and I have many items at giveaway prices.