Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Can I make a plea

Can I make a plea

Old Jan 20th 2020, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can I make a plea

To all those who use leaf blowers ,or allow their garden maintenance men to use them... To please stop. I have written before about the darn things .The terrible noise they make and the fact that they remove all the useful compost from the gardens ,which then has to be replaced with expensive alternatives. Now however German scientists have discovered that they kill 75% of all insect life in a garden. Useful, as well as pests. So that includes Bee's. Butterflies. Lady birds . etc. They also destroy the habitat that Hedgehogs would use for winter hibernation ( or here that would be daytime nests ) Have you wondered why there was less insect activity in your garden of late.? This is the reason. I am surrounded by gardens whose owners use these machines every week. It is vital for the health of our gardens, and ourselves that we stop killing these useful creatures. They already had to contend with the hideous Roundup... Now this ..
Old Jan 20th 2020, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I make a plea

Originally Posted by GeniB
To all those who use leaf blowers ,or allow their garden maintenance men to use them... To please stop. I have written before about the darn things .The terrible noise they make and the fact that they remove all the useful compost from the gardens ,which then has to be replaced with expensive alternatives. Now however German scientists have discovered that they kill 75% of all insect life in a garden. Useful, as well as pests. So that includes Bee's. Butterflies. Lady birds . etc. They also destroy the habitat that Hedgehogs would use for winter hibernation ( or here that would be daytime nests ) Have you wondered why there was less insect activity in your garden of late.? This is the reason. I am surrounded by gardens whose owners use these machines every week. It is vital for the health of our gardens, and ourselves that we stop killing these useful creatures. They already had to contend with the hideous Roundup... Now this ..
I hate those blowers whenever we are in Europe. Germans, Austrians and no doubt others seem to love using them.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Euroguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Can I make a plea

I am surrounded by gardens whose owners use these machines every week.
Maybe you should go & have a word with you neigbours about your personal hatred of their leaf blowers????
Old Jan 20th 2020, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Euroguy
Maybe you should go & have a word with you neigbours about your personal hatred of their leaf blowers????
And get blown like leaf?
Old Jan 20th 2020, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Old Jan 21st 2020, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Its not my neighbours who use them.. Its their Gardeners .. err Maintenance men... These machines have nothing whatsoever to do with gardening . They are monstrous vacuum cleaners for the lazy
Old Jan 21st 2020, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your a leeetle sad aren't you
Old Jan 21st 2020, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Your a leeetle sad aren't you
Only if you say so, because irrelevant chit-chat seems to be something you like to indulge in!
Old Jan 21st 2020, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Only if you say so, because irrelevant chit-chat seems to be something you like to indulge in!
You are incredibly rude.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: Can I make a plea

Originally Posted by Shanorme
You are incredibly rude.
Here we go............................................So genie's reply calling me sad isn't rude???

Last edited by Euroguy; Jan 21st 2020 at 5:21 pm.