Reload this Page >

CABANAS GOLF DEVELOPERS DUJA

CABANAS GOLF DEVELOPERS DUJA

Old Jun 25th 2008, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

redcity10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CABANAS GOLF DEVELOPERS DUJA

Originally Posted by andkaz
Yes we were led to believe the same as you. Who did you buy your properties off? Not Roseberry's was it?.

Talking to YPA and they are saying there are a lot of people like us in the same situation. We are trying to sell one of our three properties as we are getting quite concerned now about the mortages on the 3 of them. Do you know if there is anythng we can do about being mis sold the properties? (investment contracts, thats why we bought three of them to sell on) if so can you let us know so we can contact them.

Many thanks andkaz
You are correct about roseberrys! Fortunately we only got one, altho' they tried to get us to take on two. We are looking to find some way of exiting the situation- given the way they were sold I reckon there must be a few of "us" around - would suggest we need to pursue this as a group?
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

jeffg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by redcity10
You are correct about roseberrys! Fortunately we only got one, altho' they tried to get us to take on two. We are looking to find some way of exiting the situation- given the way they were sold I reckon there must be a few of "us" around - would suggest we need to pursue this as a group?
I am wondering if this is why so many units on phase one are empty, tell tale signs are no gas meters in the utlility cupboards etc. just how many are on so called "INVESTMENT CONTRACTS" you would expect more to be completed and rented than actually are!!!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 4:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffg
I am wondering if this is why so many units on phase one are empty, tell tale signs are no gas meters in the utlility cupboards etc. just how many are on so called "INVESTMENT CONTRACTS" you would expect more to be completed and rented than actually are!!!!!!
I am afraid you may of been caught by the off plan, not really sure what to call it.
It has happened on most off plan urbanizations, promise you everything to get your money, but I am afraid it doesn`t happen in real life.
Yes sir, you can sell it on at vast profit or keep your investment and make enormous profit by renting it out for 35 weeks of the year, yeah right.
There are thousands of Places for sale in Spain by people who took a chance by buying two or three thinking they would sell some to pay for the other one, but the market has turned t*ts up I am afraid.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

andkaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffg
there say 25% of the complex is "investmest contracts" i think more like 1% if you are luck
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Deano56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ptmatt
I contacted Duja and asked the question in view of some of the comments being made.They informed me all is well and sent me the latest photographs
showing RCG2.My particular apartment has been completed and the habitation licence applied for,,,the pool area is progressing well.
Others have completed without problem and hopefully ours wil go the same way
I am also waiting to complete on Cabanas golf 2 but have had poor support from the agency that sold them to me, but that's a whinge for another day. Is there any chance you could send me the photos that you have so I can see exactly what stage they are at. My address is
Many Thanks
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

there say 25% of the complex is "investmest contracts" i think more like 1% if you are luck
hi all can anyone out there help me we have a booking on the 24th July for 2 weeks for a family of four in a 2 bedroom penthouse, our penthouse is not complete yet as you all know waiting for .... licence. Does anyone know anyone who has a 2 bedroom penthouse on phase 1 or 2 on the golf that is available for the dates above. If so can you email me back ASAP. Thanks Andy
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Justiceforall is an unknown quantity at this point

I have only just joined this forum and the reason I found it was because myself and a friend have also purchased Investor Contracts, so I have been trawling the Internet for any help etc. Everything that was promised and even given in writing has fallen through due to various reasons. So pursuing the Mis-Sold idea sounds good to me and a group would have more clout. We all need to pull together.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

akiforhair is an unknown quantity at this point

As i was the original poster on this forum i can now let you all know how it has ended for me.
We were sold an appartment & had all legal documents in place & paid a deposit.
Due to renumbering we continually asked our solicitor to confirm we still had the original appartment which he did.
Your place abroad sold us the appartment on the back of we were buying it off of one of their staff.
When it came to it, the appartment that had been confirmed by all had been sold to someone else.
Throughout this the only person who i felt resolved our problem was Louis Constantinous from Duja. As soon as things went pear shaped it was really upto us & thankfully a decent person like Louis to sort out.

To all those who are now not happy with their situation I would strongly recomend you speak to Louis & see if he can help in any way, he constantly phoned me even when there was no news just to keep me informed.
Good luck to you all
Akiforhair

Last edited by akiforhair; Jul 16th 2008 at 8:35 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Justiceforall
I have only just joined this forum and the reason I found it was because myself and a friend have also purchased Investor Contracts, so I have been trawling the Internet for any help etc. Everything that was promised and even given in writing has fallen through due to various reasons. So pursuing the Mis-Sold idea sounds good to me and a group would have more clout. We all need to pull together.
Hi, Were you sold your "investor contract" by roseberrys? meaning you are local to us? We are already in contact with 1 other in this situ. - so that makes 4 of us! We think time is of the essence and we need to start things moving asap, to see what can be done.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Hi, Were you sold your "investor contract" by roseberrys? meaning you are local to us? We are already in contact with 1 other in this situ. - so that makes 4 of us! We think time is of the essence and we need to start things moving asap, to see what can be done.
hi redcity what can we do about it as we have 3 on investor-contract lets the the ball rolling were do we start ??
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

hi redcity what can we do about it as we have 3 on investor-contract lets the the ball rolling were do we start ??
Shall we meet up with our paperwork, share info. and devise an action plan? send me a private email if you would like to, so we can sort out a date and venue. Cheers.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

ptmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

We are waiting to complete at Cabanas Golf....have bought for ourselves and not as an investment.

I was asked to write a letter on behalf of somebody who was signed up by Roseberrys.It was strongly worded and the response was a solicitors letter.
I made enquiries and was told that as a property abroad not covered by FSA.The bottom line is that you have very little line of redress...but you will no doubt feel better for trying.

I don't know whether you have visited the area but the Duja apartments themselves are superb and in a lovely part of the Algarve.By Cabanas Golf tennis courts and a swimming pool are going to happen soon.Also a new Marina in Cabanas and a huge shopping complex in Tavira is under construction.If you e mail by going to the members list above I will send you a link to my web page with photos of apartments,the area and tourist info.

Whilst the property market has stalled a developer called Opomor is building lots of new apartments in the area...so they must be anticipating being able to sell them.

If you've only signed up for one then it may be best to complete and wait for the propery market to improve.....may take 5 yrs but in a great location.

I wish u all well.Certainly led up the garden path
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Gllsp is a jewel in the roughGllsp is a jewel in the roughGllsp is a jewel in the roughGllsp is a jewel in the roughGllsp is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ptmatt
We are waiting to complete at Cabanas Golf....have bought for ourselves and not as an investment.

I was asked to write a letter on behalf of somebody who was signed up by Roseberrys.It was strongly worded and the response was a solicitors letter.
I made enquiries and was told that as a property abroad not covered by FSA.The bottom line is that you have very little line of redress...but you will no doubt feel better for trying.

I don't know whether you have visited the area but the Duja apartments themselves are superb and in a lovely part of the Algarve.By Cabanas Golf tennis courts and a swimming pool are going to happen soon.Also a new Marina in Cabanas and a huge shopping complex in Tavira is under construction.If you e mail by going to the members list above I will send you a link to my web page with photos of apartments,the area and tourist info.

Whilst the property market has stalled a developer called Opomor is building lots of new apartments in the area...so they must be anticipating being able to sell them.

If you've only signed up for one then it may be best to complete and wait for the propery market to improve.....may take 5 yrs but in a great location.

I wish u all well.Certainly led up the garden path
Aa smart developer can take profits from every stage of the project right from breaking ground to finishing the landscaping, and do so 100% legally. So building more does not mean they will sell, just that certain interested parties have no choice but to push on and the developers are happy to take the profit on construction and leave the banks with the baby.

I don't think that people who bought investment vehicles in housing in Pt should waste money on lawyers. You will be paying off their mortgages for years to come.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Justiceforall is an unknown quantity at this point

No, we bought through the Royal Group which we believe was formed by the Royal Marbella Group and Your Place Abroad joining together.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

OMG shopping centres and marinas, all the things we came to this beautiful area to get away from!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.