Reload this Page >

British & Irish TV Installation

British & Irish TV Installation

Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Vilamoura newbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British & Irish TV Installation

Hi all,
Looking for recommendations for the best way to get sky channels plus BBC and ITV, channel 4 etc. Digibox, cable, costs etc. I basically haven't a clue where to start. Thanks for the help in advance
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:47 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British & Irish TV Installation

Originally Posted by Vilamoura newbe
Hi all,
Looking for recommendations for the best way to get sky channels plus BBC and ITV, channel 4 etc. Digibox, cable, costs etc. I basically haven't a clue where to start. Thanks for the help in advance
You cannot officially, there are still a few people around selling preloaded IPTV boxes which now illegal to sell...
A lot off money has been taken from residents by some selling systrms that require a better internet speed than is available in much of the Algarve....
Old Feb 13th 2019, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

You have a number of options.

You could use a UK sourced Sky box but Sky will turn you off if/when they find out you're using a Sky Box in Portugal.

Satellite TV is dreadfully poor reception unless you have a dish the size of Jodrell Bank & the local cable TV is also pretty dreadful so if you want good TV then you have to find another solution.One solution is the IPTV over internet packages and they do work but you have to pay for the service & you do need a reasonably good internet connection of something like 10Mbps so a broadband or a mifi unit will or rather should do the job.If you have a goodish internet connection you can use kodi.com + addons and mobdro.com linked with various options such as an android box or computer & then you can watch pretty much anything you want and much of it any time you want and all completely free & not illegal.

Note that it's not illegal to install & use kodi & mobdro etc here in Portugal but it is illegal in the UK to sell devices that are preloaded with those things.Kodi will give you endless on demand programmes including all the new movies & mobdro will give you pretty much all scheduled TV including Sky & sky sports.
Old Feb 13th 2019, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

As Mfesharne says you have lots of options all by using the internet. So many people post or reply on here you need good internet speed, You don't i have enclosed a screenshot of my internet below and today i have 1.56mbps. That's not fast but it allows me to use the internet and have TV on at the same time. I can even use an Amazon Fire Stick. For TV i subscribe to a service that the Moderators may remove because of Advertising, www.britishtv.club. OP just Google your options also i don't use a VPN as they slow my service down. I have been using IPTV now for almost 8 years and have had no problems even though other posters say you need good internet speed i have done very well up to now. The top right hand corner of the image shows the time today i did a speed test.

Old Feb 13th 2019, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

zoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nice

Good to hear. Are you using mobile data or DSL? When I visit Algarve in August mobile is mostly useless.

Originally Posted by peterfc
As Mfesharne says you have lots of options all by using the internet. So many people post or reply on here you need good internet speed, You don't i have enclosed a screenshot of my internet below and today i have 1.56mbps. That's not fast but it allows me to use the internet and have TV on at the same time. I can even use an Amazon Fire Stick. For TV i subscribe to a service that the Moderators may remove because of Advertising, www.britishtv.club. OP just Google your options also i don't use a VPN as they slow my service down. I have been using IPTV now for almost 8 years and have had no problems even though other posters say you need good internet speed i have done very well up to now. The top right hand corner of the image shows the time today i did a speed test.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Vilamoura newbe is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the replies guys
Old Feb 19th 2019, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angeldimana
We live very remote!! For years have been struggling for decent TV, and gave it up as a bad job for a year or so (and watched so many dvd sets!) but we have finally found something that works with no problems at all. We got a free trial for 12 hours to see if compatible with our device (tried tons of free trials over the years with no joy) but on to a winner with the one we are on now., I am honestly over the moon!! Key is having android box and a decent download speed (10mbs+ should be absolutely fine) ours is a Firestick, which works great for us, we now have all the uk tv, sports, up to date movies etc...music and loads for the kids, we pay around (in pounds) 70 a year. Would put our provider on here but don't think Im allowed to. Not crazy for soaps and don't mind adapting to a 'less tv' life but must admit, we are loving watching some great documentaries/ Saturday night TV with the kids and the hubby loving his sports and footy!! it passes the rainy days and nights much better!! Please private message me if I can potentially help, worth a try for nothing. :-) know how frustrating TV can be. Everything we used to try always recognised we were not in England and blocked us at some point or another, if it worked at all!

Amanda :-)
You give the impression That you are in Portugal if that is the country you are posting from but you have posted on the Following Forums today.
The Mapel Leaf
New Zealand
Portugal
Belgium
Netherlands
Luxonbourg
Italy.
By asking for people to PM you in your post are you a company trying to sell a product?

Peter
Old Feb 19th 2019, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Angeldimana will become famous soon enoughAngeldimana will become famous soon enough

Hi Peter,

I am really excited that for the last 6 months my TV choice is fantastic, hence wanting to share my experience... I have English friends all over the world who share my problem and have helped them. Lucky my office job is fairly quite today so I am trying to reach out to people who are frustrated with rubbish TV ....not just in Italy.

I may even share my baked bean recipe also...another thing I am excited about!! Cant buy beans here anymore at our local Lidl, but made the near to the real thing as possible.
Maybe I will share that to the expats living everywhere, if no one objects that is!! Don't work for Heinz and don't work for TV companies. :-)
Old Feb 19th 2019, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Angeldimana will become famous soon enoughAngeldimana will become famous soon enough

'By asking for people to PM you' ....

Thought that I couldn't put direct company name details / link? Is that not the rules?
Unsure really as what the black/white / grey area is for putting information.

Anyway, if anyone wants my Baked Bean recipe...please PM me!! :-) its really yummy!!

Old Feb 19th 2019, 1:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angeldimana
'By asking for people to PM you' ....

Thought that I couldn't put direct company name details / link? Is that not the rules?
You can, as long as you're not anything to do with said company. As above, asking people to PM you looks a bit spammy, so if you have a genuine recommendation, please put it on the forums.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 1:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, on second thoughts, a quick look shows that you are linked to the company you are advertising. Should have been obvious from the fact that you've been posting all over the forums purely to promote it and no other content really!

We'll let you off this time as you are a long term member, but please note that as per Site Rule 9 you may NOT advertise your services, please genuine forum posts only from now on, thx.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 19th 2019 at 1:44 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Andy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond repute

I do love this forum.
Peterfc - may I ask what else I would need for watching TV via the britishtvclub?
We now have internet from NOWO with a box that provides wifi and 90-odd channels, mostly portuguese, but apparently being able to watch Eastenders and Coronation St in Portugal is a plus...
Old Feb 26th 2019, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andy43
I do love this forum.
Peterfc - may I ask what else I would need for watching TV via the britishtvclub?
We now have internet from NOWO with a box that provides wifi and 90-odd channels, mostly portuguese, but apparently being able to watch Eastenders and Coronation St in Portugal is a plus...
OK you ask what you need first a computer or laptop, a cable to join the 2 to a TV no VPN i haven't had one in almost 8 years. You need to subscribe to www.Britishtv.club i pay 9.95€ for 3 months. You also need to be recommended just tell them my user name and i will recommend you Peterfc. I have help a few via the PM's on this site.

Peter

Old Feb 27th 2019, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Andy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Peter that's very helpful.
We're going to be renting the house to holidaymakers when we're not using it so I'm thinking the laptop/PC is a no-go.
It's probably a dumb question but would the subscription work with an IPTV type box that's then plugged into the TV?
Old Feb 28th 2019, 9:32 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

BBC, ITV etc are available via the Intelsat that services Gibraltar.
When we lost Freesat 100s if not considerably more just had their dishes reconfigured and a new receiver installed.
Not reliant on Internet speed and for holiday makers more than enough.
Any local sat installer will be able to set it up for you..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.