Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Old Dec 4th 2022, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Originally Posted by ouriquejan
No idea Sportpix, just one of those days.

Footie watching, sheep watching and a snooze.
I think I would prefer to watch sheep than watch this poxy mailbox, which is being totally ignored by the postman. Too late now anyway as I’m on the plane early tomorrow heading East and won’t be back till February. Will be back to drinking good Australian Shiraz by the end of the week 🍷😀
Old Dec 4th 2022, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Safe journey.

I prefer Alentejano wine.
Old Dec 4th 2022, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

bons.... If you got the DUC number yesterday or today you can pay on Tues.That's 2 working days.Wed at the latest.
Old Dec 4th 2022, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ouriquejan
Safe journey.

I prefer Alentejano wine.
So do i.
Old Dec 5th 2022, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Sod's law prevails... I left home at 7:15 this morning on foot for the railway station and got soaked to the skin. When I got to Faro the rain was lashing down once again and I got soaked trying to get to the Uber, who could not get near to the railway station because the traffic was gridlocked. The flight to Frankfurt was delayed by 40 minutes and then on arrival we had to get a bus to the terminal, once again in the pouring rain. The baggage was then delayed half an hour and by the time I walked the half hour to the hotel I was ready for a beer. When I checked my phone I found a message from my neighbour to say that she'd taken my ID card from my mailbox, which arrived today. Never mind that it was registered. So I've got it but I haven't, at least not until I return in February.
Old Dec 5th 2022, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sportpix
Sod's law prevails... I left home at 7:15 this morning on foot for the railway station and got soaked to the skin. When I got to Faro the rain was lashing down once again and I got soaked trying to get to the Uber, who could not get near to the railway station because the traffic was gridlocked. The flight to Frankfurt was delayed by 40 minutes and then on arrival we had to get a bus to the terminal, once again in the pouring rain. The baggage was then delayed half an hour and by the time I walked the half hour to the hotel I was ready for a beer. When I checked my phone I found a message from my neighbour to say that she'd taken my ID card from my mailbox, which arrived today. Never mind that it was registered. So I've got it but I haven't, at least not until I return in February.
At least you have it, but not to get in and out of the country.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
When I log into the SEF site it's has the date I had my appointment. N/P in all the boxes and 00.00. We attended SEF a week ago yesterday.
yes I have same situation.all NP and payment amount 0.00
what did you do, request the DUC??
Old Dec 7th 2022, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wellinever
yes I have same situation.all NP and payment amount 0.00
what did you do, request the DUC??
Click on the 'save' button, then click it again, it should come up then.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

dont see any save button.

clicked on my name and up comes a page with payment request where there is `issue/view payment document` (yellow symbol).
should I click that? as that looks like it will issue something but how can it without an amount?
Old Dec 7th 2022, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

dont see any save button.

clicked on my name and up comes a page with payment request where there is `issue/view payment document` (yellow symbol).
should I click that? as that looks like it will issue something but how can it without an amount?
I clicked on the euro symbol. Then my name came up, so I clicked on that. I think it might be print, sorry, click on that then I think I clicked on it again. Then reference number and deadline to pay came up with the amount. Now when I click on my name reference and amount comes up
Old Dec 7th 2022, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

hi
yes did that and now it shows €15.00 with relevant payment details.
so will look to pay online using estados in online bank
thnks
Old Dec 7th 2022, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Artfuldodger128 is an unknown quantity at this point

The system has kindly generated a DUC for us, but I cannot pay as my bank (CGD) has come up with this message: "Unsuccess. Request rejected by back-end"

Questions:
1) has anyone seen this problem?
2) do we have to wait (say overnight) before the DUC becomes active for actual payment?

UPDATE - according to the British Embassy I need to wait 48hrs before the DUC can be used for payment.

Last edited by Artfuldodger128; Dec 7th 2022 at 4:19 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

SEF do tell you at the interview to wait 48 hours before logging in to find the DUC and then to wait another 48 hours before making the payment to ensure that the banking system recognises the referencia.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi
yes did that and now it shows €15.00 with relevant payment details.
so will look to pay online using estados in online bank
thnks
Great! I paid for mine today, but got no receipt and it isn't showing on my SEF account. A well, I'll have to sweat this one out for a few days!
Old Dec 7th 2022, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Artfuldodger128
The system has kindly generated a DUC for us, but I cannot pay as my bank (CGD) has come up with this message: "Unsuccess. Request rejected by back-end"

Questions:
1) has anyone seen this problem?
2) do we have to wait (say overnight) before the DUC becomes active for actual payment?

UPDATE - according to the British Embassy I need to wait 48hrs before the DUC can be used for payment.
Yes, you have to wait for 2 days after the DUC is generated before paying. I did mine via CGD on-line on third day without any problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.