Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Old Dec 2nd 2022, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

My wife's has just arrived today at the post office but in a registered post envelope. She can collect it on Monday.
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

So are people saying they are still waiting for their DUC? I got mine 2 days after my appointment and could have paid 2 days later if not for the misleading slip of paper they give you.I paid 5 days after my DUC appeared(through bank) and my card arrived about 10 days ago.Card came to the house ,no signature just name check .No problems at all.Living in the sticks obviously pays sometimes!!
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

My wife's card also arrived 10 days after the payment day. Hopefully mine is not far behind. The system has worked well for us, although I can see that some people struggled with the unfriendly SEF website. Maybe they tried to do the business on the small screen of a smartphone. I always do important and more complex business on my PC with a large screen.
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by toots sweet
So are people saying they are still waiting for their DUC? I got mine 2 days after my appointment and could have paid 2 days later if not for the misleading slip of paper they give you.I paid 5 days after my DUC appeared(through bank) and my card arrived about 10 days ago.Card came to the house ,no signature just name check .No problems at all.Living in the sticks obviously pays sometimes!!
When I log into the SEF site it's has the date I had my appointment. N/P in all the boxes and 00.00. We attended SEF a week ago yesterday.
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Click on your name Bons and all will become clear.

I have all the payment details ready and happy to pay, but they misspelt my father's names and then gave husband a five year instead of replacing his ten year residency card.

Tried ringing. One doesn't ring at all and the other has a message telling me to e-mail them.

Did that on Friday morning and still waiting.
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ouriquejan
Click on your name Bons and all will become clear.

I have all the payment details ready and happy to pay, but they misspelt my father's names and then gave husband a five year instead of replacing his ten year residency card.

Tried ringing. One doesn't ring at all and the other has a message telling me to e-mail them.

Did that on Friday morning and still waiting.
I did click on my name, all the N/P and zerok balance comes up. I'll try calling on Monday.
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got a DUC ref number or not had a DUC at all? If you have DUC ref number ignore sef site and pay through your bank via "estados " section.I don't think I even went to SEF site to pay.Just put my DUC ref into payment on bank.
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Have you got a DUC ref number or not had a DUC at all? If you have DUC ref number ignore sef site and pay through your bank via "estados " section.I don't think I even went to SEF site to pay.Just put my DUC ref into payment on bank.
Where do I get a DUC reference number from? We were told to go on the Brexit portal which I presume is the initial website on which we made the appointment.
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's just come up!!!! It now says we have two business days from the date of issue to pay, with a deadline of the 10th December. It seems I can't pay until the 8th December. I'm getting a headache with this, I need a beer.
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea what a DUC reference number is or how to get one either Bons.

I'm on the wine now.
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ouriquejan
I have no idea what a DUC reference number is or how to get one either Bons.

I'm on the wine now.
why so late to get on the wine 🍷?
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

No idea Sportpix, just one of those days.

Footie watching, sheep watching and a snooze.
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

J00ls is an unknown quantity at this point

You may well be right Graham - it did seem completely stupid! Sorry if I have cried 'wolf' by mistake. Having said that, we went (rushed!) to the post office within a couple of hours of the delivery - and it was there.
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sportpix
it would be good if someone fluent in Portuguese could confirm that as I’m going to have to get two different people to check my mailbox while I’m away and it could get very complicated
I shouldn't panic Sportpix, it could well be a translation mistake - seems like a stupid time limit. My Portuguese is as yet, not very impressive.

Old Dec 3rd 2022, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Artful Dodger, I will see if I can find it - not sure if I still have it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.