Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Old Nov 29th 2022, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Originally Posted by sportpix
please advise how to check this on SEF portal.
Assuming you know how to log in to the SEF Brexit Portal. When you click on the Euro symbol and then on your name it brings up a row of boxes, the first being interview date and the last is the date your payment received.
Old Nov 29th 2022, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrahamF
Assuming you know how to log in to the SEF Brexit Portal. When you click on the Euro symbol and then on your name it brings up a row of boxes, the first being interview date and the last is the date your payment received.
Thank you GrahamF. I checked and found my payment was made on 7 November. Still
nothing in my mailbox 😢
Old Nov 29th 2022, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ninmurai is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you GrahamF. I checked and found my payment was made on 7 November. Still
nothing in my mailbox 😢
Not sure where you are based but my card arrived yesterday and I paid 4th November.

i saw elsewhere someone in Lisbon area waited 5 weeks after payment.
Old Nov 29th 2022, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ninmurai
Not sure where you are based but my card arrived yesterday and I paid 4th November.

i saw elsewhere someone in Lisbon area waited 5 weeks after payment.
Im in Lagos but had to travel to Lisbon to get the appointment.
Old Nov 29th 2022, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

5 weeks!
Stop complaining, that's not 'two weeks'
Not even half way to '2 weeks' - which is 15 days as we all well know

Mind you, I just thought, what happens if mine doesnt arrive before Xmas when I am returning to civilisation for 10 days?
which doc should I take so that they let me back in?

or .... do I want to be let back in .....?

Just joking, I love it here, such nice people, always so helpful and smiley.
Sorry, double negative irony, I just read that gen Z have lots of levels of irony, like an onion
Of course, previous generations didnt have that

Apparently I am Gen X, but that puts me in the same bracket as people from the 80's apparently, which I am not happy about

Old Nov 29th 2022, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Tomorrow is my time to pay for the card. Gulp, wish me luck!!!
Old Nov 30th 2022, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

I can't understand why people are having problems /worries about paying. I paid mine through my bank. Followed instructions about who to pay it to(estados) and a few days later went back to my sef account and there was the confirmation. Mind you, trawling through PT bank websites could put you off anything! (Actually that applies to all PT websites!).
Old Nov 30th 2022, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

J00ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Sportpix, my OH has been waiting 4 weeks now - still nada in the post box. I had my appointment and paid 2 weeks after him - and my card arrived in less than 3 weeks. I have to say the quality is pretty poor - was surprised to see that the picture is B&W.

By the way - be warned, there is a new time limit. If you do not take the little paper they leave in your post box in to collect your card within 24 hours, they send it back to SEF! Yes really - how very helpful. I could not believe my eyes when I read it.
Old Nov 30th 2022, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bons
Tomorrow is my time to pay for the card. Gulp, wish me luck!!!
Nothing there yet.
Old Nov 30th 2022, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J00ls
Sportpix, my OH has been waiting 4 weeks now - still nada in the post box. I had my appointment and paid 2 weeks after him - and my card arrived in less than 3 weeks. I have to say the quality is pretty poor - was surprised to see that the picture is B&W.

By the way - be warned, there is a new time limit. If you do not take the little paper they leave in your post box in to collect your card within 24 hours, they send it back to SEF! Yes really - how very helpful. I could not believe my eyes when I read it.
OMG! I very much doubt I can get a pick up sorted in that time as I doubt the person checking my mailbox will be able to do so more than once a week. I can’t understand why they make this so difficult.
Old Nov 30th 2022, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! I can’t understand why they make this so difficult.
If you do start to understand, then it means you have lost your ability to reason.
Old Nov 30th 2022, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

New conspiracy theory:
Because we all touched that biometric machine with our fingers at our interviews, the system extracted our ability to understand what's going.
Old Nov 30th 2022, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Midgo
If you do start to understand, then it means you have lost your ability to reason.

Old Nov 30th 2022, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bons
Nothing there yet.
Ha, nothing yet.
Old Nov 30th 2022, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Midgo
Interesting comment, and one that I’ve been thinking about while swimming and walking today. I think I lost my ability to do many things many years ago, although I have retained the ability to pass judgement on good red wine 🍷 By the way, I wasn’t swimming and walking at the same time, just to clarify things … second glass already poured 😩

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.