Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Old Jan 12th 2023, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice
Default Re: Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Thank you very much. I will let you know how things go. Have a nice evening.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

After several attempts, I amazing got through to a lady and greeted her in Portuguese and asked if she spoke English. In very fast Portuguese she said no and that I had to contact someone in Lisbon. Then she hung up!!!
Old Jan 14th 2023, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

With hindsight (in my awake hours in the night) I wonder if I mis-dialled and got some irate woman tired of getting wrong number calls?
Old Jan 16th 2023, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

shahg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
I called Brexit line on friday and told them no Ref is coming up. A gentleman told me to wait and after couple of hours eventually i was able to generate the ref on Friday evening .I am trying to pay now but no luck. They mentioned it takes 48 hours before i can pay. But the funny thing is they just gave me seven days to pay for it. I dont know what will happen now.
Old Jan 16th 2023, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shahg
Hi all
I called Brexit line on friday and told them no Ref is coming up. A gentleman told me to wait and after couple of hours eventually i was able to generate the ref on Friday evening .I am trying to pay now but no luck. They mentioned it takes 48 hours before i can pay. But the funny thing is they just gave me seven days to pay for it. I dont know what will happen now.
Technically it is a minimum of 48 hrs. I went through this on Thursday evening over the phone with SEF , they issued a new DUC which showed up in my feed on their web and was specifically told "From Monday" . I went online and paid successfully this morning. Maybe try Tuesday morning
Old Jan 16th 2023, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. I am trying every few hours. Hopefully should be working today or tomorrow.
Old Jan 17th 2023, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Hurray. I got through to a human last evening at 7.30pm, a delightful gentleman who wallked me through it all again and I have a new DUC which he warned not to attempt to pay until 48 houts. Interesting, I note my old DUC had 7 days before expiration and the new one has a month!.
Old Jan 17th 2023, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunseeker1st
Hurray. I got through to a human last evening at 7.30pm, a delightful gentleman who wallked me through it all again and I have a new DUC which he warned not to attempt to pay until 48 houts. Interesting, I note my old DUC had 7 days before expiration and the new one has a month!.
Great news! It's so much easier with 'the card'. My husband has to have a lot of medical treatment at the moment, instead of carrying the black folder with all the documents in it he just gives them his card which is kept in his wallet. It hasn't been tested at a border yet!!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2023, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bons
Great news! It's so much easier with 'the card'. My husband has to have a lot of medical treatment at the moment, instead of carrying the black folder with all the documents in it he just gives them his card which is kept in his wallet. It hasn't been tested at a border yet!!!!!
Yes, It is exciting! Gosh I must lead a boring life! Thanks for your help. Hope all goes well with you Husband.
Old Jan 17th 2023, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Hi All
Thanks for the help from every one. I have managed to pay my DUC last night .I have seen it has been updated in the portal. it took almost three weeks to complete all this. Can any one please let me know how long roughly it will take to receive the cards now.
Old Jan 17th 2023, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrahamF
I managed to get through on the phone after many attempts and then a couple of days later received a reply to my email sent about two weeks earlier, advising I had to email another dept. ([email protected]) who still haven't replied. Will be back at month end so plan to visit SEF in Lisbon if not sorted by then.
At last received a reply from SEF with appointment to collect my card in Lisbon on 2nd Feb
Old Jan 17th 2023, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunseeker1st
Yes, It is exciting! Gosh I must lead a boring life! Thanks for your help. Hope all goes well with you Husband.
He has a problem with his foot so not life- threating, at least I don't think so. He is having the written result of a scan next Monday, there is something abnormal on a bone in his foot. One docter thought it was a degenerative bone, another a hairline fracture and another maybe a chipped bone. We won't know until Monday.
Old Jan 17th 2023, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is he going SNS or Private?
Old Jan 17th 2023, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GrahamF
At last received a reply from SEF with appointment to collect my card in Lisbon on 2nd Feb
Hi
So can anyone request to pick the cards up from SEF office or they just send them in post only.
Old Jan 19th 2023, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just paid my DUC so (im)patiently await the card's arrival.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.