Wikiposts

Borehole

Old Nov 9th 2014, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

roadislandred is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Borehole

Hello out there. Does anyone know anyone who can inspect and assess a coulpe of boreholes in the Moncarapacho area. Thank you
Old Nov 9th 2014, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Borehole

Not sure what you mean by inspect and assess........ They either work or they don't and there's not much to assess other than the pump.

If you mean test the water, you need to sterilise a container (about 1 litre or so) and take it to either a chemist or similar and if they can't test it themselves, they'll tell you where to go to get it tested.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Old Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really nice

Try "Sonda Europa" Tavira. 281 324 905
Old Nov 10th 2014, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

algarveandroid is an unknown quantity at this point

Water test near you is probably aguateste in tavira , porta nova , good english spoken , go to them get a test container , follow instructions , bring it back and wait for results.

As for inspecting the borehole itself I have yet to find a borehole company in the east that even has inspection cameras , having asked all 3 of them.Yet were all to happy to charge 500 euros for a flush and pump service.

As for flow rate and reliability reports , nope not one.Perhaps there is someone not in the stone age that does computerised pump cabinets in Algarve , in order to have your own reporting , but I have yet to see one.

I do notice that plastic buffer tanks are getting popular now , unheard of years ago when I did one having to import it at 10x the price the retail for now.This may be an option even for filtration as they can be from 300l to 30000l plus you know when you will run out , making a delivery easier.

Last edited by algarveandroid; Nov 10th 2014 at 12:18 am. Reason: buffer
Old Nov 15th 2014, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed. These tanks certainly extend the possibilities of what you can do - like a sand filtration system for example. Didn't know they had them here at reasonable prices here so brought a couple of 1000 lt ones with me. When I did a internet search for tanks in Pt last year all that came up were really expensive underground systems, German of'course .
Old Nov 16th 2014, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

algarveandroid is an unknown quantity at this point

They are catching up , a few years ago I was quoted silly money for everything , all made from crete.

Now though along the 125 there is many plastic tanks being sold , 300 euros for 1000 litres you would still be better with an ibc container for some uses , but the hard locking tanks make a difference in some other uses...ie oil or merde.

I am only talking 3 years ago for basic plastic fossa septicas , now you can get plumbed in active units using solar for aeration.But one can do this them selves with a good pond pump , 24 or 12v , and a solar panel with a ups battery and conditioner charger.

ITs cheaper now to buy 3000 litre dual chambers than to import , but that depends on quality that you want to use.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Internet searches for this sort of thing is very poor in Portugal; it seems retailers and suppliers don't use it for much.
You have to just ask around and/or keep your eyes peeled as you drive around, while also not crashing into the farmer in front of you as he catches glimpse of an interesting implement for sale.
I cruise through all the industrial parks, just to have an idea what kind of businesses are around.
There's a really great place for irrigation system parts in boa vista dos pineros [too far away for you guys]. Big tanks, pumps of all sizes [ALL], valves and filters, big stainless pressure tank/ filters, tubing, drippers, sprayers, cannons... Industrial to back garden.
No website, don't speak English, free local delivery and sharp prices.
There will be a similar outfit in your area, you just have to find it.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

Originally Posted by liveaboard
Internet searches for this sort of thing is very poor in Portugal; it seems retailers and suppliers don't use it for much.
You have to just ask around and/or keep your eyes peeled as you drive around, while also not crashing into the farmer in front of you as he catches glimpse of an interesting implement for sale.
I cruise through all the industrial parks, just to have an idea what kind of businesses are around.
There's a really great place for irrigation system parts in boa vista dos pineros [too far away for you guys]. Big tanks, pumps of all sizes [ALL], valves and filters, big stainless pressure tank/ filters, tubing, drippers, sprayers, cannons... Industrial to back garden.
No website, don't speak English, free local delivery and sharp prices.
There will be a similar outfit in your area, you just have to find it.
I have to disagree with you liveaboard. Internet is perfectly good for finding more or less anything and were that to fail then Yellow Pages will always have the information needed.

The company you mention in Boa Vista Dos Pinheiros have a perfectly good website here Silvério & Silvério Lda | Condutas em PEAD Soldadas | Sistemas de Rega e Bombagens | Odemira | Pegões I found it on Google in ten seconds and I wouldn't mind betting that someone there speaks English but why not speak to them in Portuguese since they are a Portuguese company and we are in Portugal ?

If you phone an English company and ask them things in Portuguese they will put the phone down on you and mention a few expletives - guaranteed

Last edited by MrBife; Nov 17th 2014 at 11:09 am.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 12:24 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrBife
I have to disagree with you liveaboard. Internet is perfectly good for finding more or less anything and were that to fail then Yellow Pages will always have the information needed.

The company you mention in Boa Vista Dos Pinheiros have a perfectly good website here Silvério & Silvério Lda | Condutas em PEAD Soldadas | Sistemas de Rega e Bombagens | Odemira | Pegões I found it on Google in ten seconds and I wouldn't mind betting that someone there speaks English but why not speak to them in Portuguese since they are a Portuguese company and we are in Portugal ?

If you phone an English company and ask them things in Portuguese they will put the phone down on you and mention a few expletives - guaranteed
I agree when ever I ring a company, be it EDP, Cabo Visao, etc I always start the conversation in my very very limited Portuguese.
Asking if the person at the end of the phone " fala ingles " has to date always received a positive response.
Even if it was I will get some one who speaks English to call you back.
Old Nov 24th 2014, 8:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roadislandred
Hello out there. Does anyone know anyone who can inspect and assess a coulpe of boreholes in the Moncarapacho area. Thank you
Only just read this post but in case you haven't made a decision, Tractor Rega are the main guys in Moncarapacho. Website here. 100 metres from the crossroads in Moncarapacho (by the Casa do Povo, GALP petrol pumps etc.) on the Estoi road. They do it all. Replaced my bore hole pump when it died, without problems and at reasonable cost.

Just my 10 cents worth. Good luck.
Old Nov 24th 2014, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Might look them up as I am near enough.
Old Nov 24th 2014, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, prices have come down, I'd say. was in Deborla in Continente, Tavira today. They are doing a 380W water pumping system (with a mini pressurized tank and a pump) The pump alone is just 56 euros. I brought a single head 215W shower head pump with me that cost 120 pounds. Using it to temporarily pump my cold water. Works okay but it's a bit noisy and the pressure is either full on or nothing .