Books

Old Sep 5th 2007, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Kerryn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Books

Does anybody know of a English book exchange or something in or near Tavira? A bit of TV & Radio withdrawal symtoms are appearing!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 11:33 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Books

Hi K
Not sure about your area,but when I lived in Algarve,the best source of english books was the charity shops.
I bet there is at least one in Tavira.
I used to stock up at about 30 cents each,then take em back and buy more
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Kerryn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cleri
Hi K
Not sure about your area,but when I lived in Algarve,the best source of english books was the charity shops.
I bet there is at least one in Tavira.
I used to stock up at about 30 cents each,then take em back and buy more
Thanks Cleri,
Found an English bookshop that sells second hand stuff as well as new - very nice shop too. Just takes a bit of time to suss all these things out!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Kerryn
Thanks Cleri,
Found an English bookshop that sells second hand stuff as well as new - very nice shop too. Just takes a bit of time to suss all these things out!
Brilliant! Im envious
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:35 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Overe 'ere we go to the Sunday markets and they sell books for 4 euros and you can take them back when read and get 50% back .... don't you have markets like that there?
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:38 am

Not up here.....Algarve yes.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:00 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Books

Thanks Cleri,
Don't keep it to yourself then - where is it?
Old Sep 10th 2007, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Thanks Cleri,
HI,

where I'm in Ayamonte but will travel for new reading material arrived in march and have now read every book I bought over.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: Books

Book shop in Tavira, A Lura Dos Liviros, Rua Poeta Emiliano da Costa, or in English when you cross the Military bridge pass the pizza place and turn right, on the left there is a bar called Dom Manuel, it is on the right near there. Heres a tip when you are giving directions always mention bars, it works for me.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 4:27 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Cleri, there is a Brit bookstore listed on this page:

http://www.portugalvirtual.pt/0/6048dat1.html

That is a great site to find restaurants, etc....too. I've used it quite a bit over the years.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 4:53 pm

Why thankyou lippie
Old Sep 11th 2007, 5:18 pm
If the shoe fits buy them

TaviraHopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CHOPPER
Book shop in Tavira, A Lura Dos Liviros, Rua Poeta Emiliano da Costa, or in English when you cross the Military bridge pass the pizza place and turn right, on the left there is a bar called Dom Manuel, it is on the right near there. Heres a tip when you are giving directions always mention bars, it works for me.
Hi there
Please can you tell me which one is the Military Bridge?
Thanks
Old Sep 11th 2007, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: Books

Its the tacky road bridge just along from the Roman bridge.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 5:41 pm
If the shoe fits buy them

TaviraHopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CHOPPER
Its the tacky road bridge just along from the Roman bridge.
Thank Chopper,
Didn't know that's what it was called, learn something new everyday. Must say i like the more descriptive title - Tatty Road Bridge, might just stick with that.
Thanks again
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:44 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Books

I'm told that it was built yonks ago as a purely "temporary" measure. Can't remember when, can anyone oblige?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.