Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Blood donors and free med insurance.

Blood donors and free med insurance.

Old Feb 13th 2013, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Blood donors and free med insurance.

My wife and I have been blood donors for years. I read on the other PT forum that blood donors get free medical insurance. Is this true?
Old Feb 13th 2013, 4:30 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Blood donors and free med insurance.

Insurance? No.You are entitled to care under the normal state health service,and are also eligible for priority ambulance service...whatever that means.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

It's all a bit complicated , in the past if you where a donor you where exempt from paying for certain treatments this was known as "Isencáo do Pagmento da Taxas Moderadoras"

Then the Gov stopped this last year & the effect was a disaster !
Where I donate at each collection they used to be 200-220 people , back in October last 34 turned up & this was reflected country wide,the press reported only a 12% drop (BS)
Early this month 47 turned up.
The Hospitals where far from happy with the outcome off the Gov trying to save a Euro or two & after some back & forth a compromise was reached.
The "Insencáo" was reinstated below is a link explaining the new Insurance System

http://sol.sapo.pt/inicio/Sociedade/...ntent_id=57735

Last edited by Ingles; Feb 15th 2013 at 12:58 pm. Reason: link problem
Old Feb 15th 2013, 7:08 pm
Banned

sir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Ukkram
My wife and I have been blood donors for years. I read on the other PT forum that blood donors get free medical insurance. Is this true?
As a bum during the 1960s I sold blood in Greece for £25 for 7 decilitres. That's equivalent to £750 in today's money. If you are only getting medical insurance for free for blood, they're ripping you off.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir recorder
As a bum during the 1960s I sold blood in Greece for £25 for 7 decilitres. That's equivalent to £750 in today's money. If you are only getting medical insurance for free for blood, they're ripping you off.
No wonder Greece is bankrupt.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 11:54 am
Banned

sir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
No wonder Greece is bankrupt.
Yes, and many other countries in Southern Europe are currently heading in the same direction. I now see the selling of blood as an utterly corrupt practice. In this instance and my case it was sponsored by the Greek Red Cross. Sick, ne c'est pas?
Old Feb 17th 2013, 12:43 pm
Banned

Benny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sir recorder
The Jehovah's Witnesses in Greece in the 1960's didn't know how lucky they were
Old Feb 17th 2013, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Hog is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Benny Dorm
Old Feb 17th 2013, 3:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Benny Dorm
Indeed, the 600 Jehovah Witnesses living in the Algarve (you included) think that they are the only ones there.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 3:37 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Now we know you are loosing it. Loss of blood perhaps ??
Old Feb 18th 2013, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ingles
It's all a bit complicated , in the past if you where a donor you where exempt from paying for certain treatments this was known as "Isencáo do Pagmento da Taxas Moderadoras"

Then the Gov stopped this last year & the effect was a disaster !
Where I donate at each collection they used to be 200-220 people , back in October last 34 turned up & this was reflected country wide,the press reported only a 12% drop (BS)
Early this month 47 turned up.
The Hospitals where far from happy with the outcome off the Gov trying to save a Euro or two & after some back & forth a compromise was reached.
The "Insencáo" was reinstated below is a link explaining the new Insurance System

http://sol.sapo.pt/inicio/Sociedade/...ntent_id=57735
Thanks, but the google translate of it meaningless. Could you be so kind as to post the crux of what it says?
Old Feb 18th 2013, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukkram
Thanks, but the google translate of it meaningless. Could you be so kind as to post the crux of what it says?
Will do so tomorrow as it looks as if we may be rained off from work
Old Feb 19th 2013, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ingles
Will do so tomorrow as it looks as if we may be rained off from work
Just got in -Arsenal are playing tonight so don't much time.
This site is far more comprehensive with the details & should translate OK

http://www.deco.proteste.pt/saude/ho...ciam-de-seguro

Basically when you give blood you get
Free Parking at Clinic
No charges for some Hospital visits/treatment
Time of work to donate must be paid by employer (but don't take the p--s)
To continue to receive Insurance Cover you must donate at least once in 24 months.
If your over 65 or had to stop donating for health reasons the Insurance Cover continues if you have donated in a 5 year period at least 10 times
All your personal data is protected by law
To not pay any "Taxas Moreradoras" you must present every year a declaration from IPS that you have donated at least twice in the last 12 months

If I have missed anything I apologise
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:02 am
Just Joined

jdell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi .
Can you explain what Taxas Moreradores are .
Where and how can one donate .
Thanks for this useful info .
I am a universal donor and can easily give 2 donations when over .
Here in Ireland ,your donation gets you a pencil .
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there, anyone know how I find out where I can give blood?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.