Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Becks Blue (0% Alcohol)

Becks Blue (0% Alcohol)

Old Jul 16th 2021, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute
Question Becks Blue (0% Alcohol)

Every so often I ask this always in hope.
I have to cut right back on the alcohol (a miss/well spent youth) ooops
I dont mind at all drinking the non alcoholic beer as long as its not Sagres or SB (love full-fat SB tho).
I quite like the Heineken 0%, but my fave is the Becks Blue and its no chem German brewed too
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/252405965

However, I have never seen this in PT
I am based in Costa Caprica area (Just South of the Lisbon River), but would be interested to hear if anyone has seen this in PT

My dream would be Jever 0% as I loved that beer whilst living in Germany
Old Jul 16th 2021, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

slippery sid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Becks Blue (0% Alcohol)

Originally Posted by Midgo
I dont mind at all drinking the non alcoholic beer as long as its not Sagres or SB (love full-fat SB tho).
I quite like the Heineken 0%, but my fave is the Becks Blue and its no chem German brewed too

I am based in Costa Caprica area (Just South of the Lisbon River), but would be interested to hear if anyone has seen this in PT

I drink AF beer a lot in Portugal as it is important to take lots of liquid but soft drinks are all sweet, and alcohol all day is a no no! I've tested many in Portugal and the UK,
I don't like either Heineken or Becks AF - the best (and cheapest) AF in Portugal in my view is Perlenbacher from LiDL as it is not too yeasty or malty. King's Brau (Intermarche) and Karlsquell (Aldi) are just about acceptable.
In the UK there is a better selection. Adnam's Ghost Ship is pretty good and Czech lager from Sainsburys is good when you can get it. But the best comes from 2 small craft breweries - Two beers from Jump Ship Brewery in Edinburgh are great but a bit pricey. Infinite Session, a London brewery, bring out amazing cheap AFs at good prices but they keep discontinuing them. Their Pils and Best Bitter are both great but currently unavailable, but their American Pale Ale isn't bad. Best obtained on mail order but I doubt either of these will deliver to PT.

Never heard of Jever 0% but will look out for it.

Try Perlenbacher - good drink and the cheapest around.

Old Jul 17th 2021, 7:38 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

You could try contacting the head office of your favourite manufacturer and asking them if they have a distributor in Portugal. ( and if not why not ? ).

Can you get LEFFE 0 per cent in Portugal ? If so try that.

Old Jul 17th 2021, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Fluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura about

I agree with slippery sid that lidl's AF is very drinkable and cheap.
I like Sagres Zero Zero for taste change although there was none in Continente last week, just a new Zero Zero Black.
I'm happy to get Sagres 0% or Cheers in a bar but would rather drink water than SB's 0% which I liken to pee!
It annoys me that Sagres advertise their 0% a lot but at their stands at Festas etc it's never sold as I guess they figure everyone is there to get drunk!
Old Jul 17th 2021, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

NataHH is an unknown quantity at this point

Some friends of ours like Erdinger available at Intermarche which is 0.4%

https://steadydrinker.com/reviews/wh...ei-wheat-beer/
Old Jul 17th 2021, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by riv
You could try contacting the head office of your favourite manufacturer and asking them if they have a distributor in Portugal. ( and if not why not ? ).

Can you get LEFFE 0 per cent in Portugal ? If so try that.
My two favourite UK manufacturers (Jump Ship and Infinite Session) are both small craft breweries who struggle with distribution in the UK. No way are they ready for the big wide world.

I'll look out for Leffe. Haven't seen it but I'll keep an eye open. Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2021, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

I don't like Erdinger. Too malty and cloudy. Very expensive in Intermarche too.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

I was on the Aldi 0% (its Reinheitsgebot, which is one of the reasons I like German beer)
But its in a can and got a bit sweet for me, but I might try it again

Might try the Erdinger, presumably that is Reinheitsgebot?

Sagres always gives me headaches (full fat or 0%) and I just dont like the taste (fussy, I know)

I grew up in Green King / Adnams country - weaned on GK IPA, Abbot (often mixed with St Edmunds!) and Adnams
But UK beer with all the chemicals gives me headaches in my old age - love the taste tho

What I need is a some sort of Reinheitsgebot 0% in a lovely cool fresh bottle

The best thing about 0% is that I can drink as much as I like on a hot day and never fall over ....
Old Jul 21st 2021, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Erdinger is not completely alcoholfree it contains 0.5% alcohol and it is like most German wheat beers cloudy. It comes in 50% bottles at Intermarche but it is not as cheap as Perlenbacher which comes in 33cl blue cans and costs 29c in Lidl. It's all a matter of taste.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NataHH
Erdinger is not completely alcoholfree it contains 0.5% alcohol and it is like most German wheat beers cloudy. It comes in 50% bottles at Intermarche but it is not as cheap as Perlenbacher which comes in 33cl blue cans and costs 29c in Lidl. It's all a matter of taste.
It is indeed
Beer just tastes better out of a bottle for me - unless its ale
Thanks for heads up on Erdinger 0.5% - "dass Getränke mit maximal 0,5 % vol Alkohol als alkoholfrei gelten dürfen" [Wikipaedia]

I shall continue my search for bottled alkoholfrei beer, and try the Aldi stuff again
Old Jul 23rd 2021, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Midgo sorry to disillusion you but your favorite German beer "Jever" contains 0.5% alcohol. If it is for religious or health reason you will have to study every label - even vinegar (for your salad dressing) contains alcohol.
Old Jul 23rd 2021, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slippery sid
I don't like Erdinger. Too malty and cloudy. Very expensive in Intermarche too.
Originally Posted by NataHH
Midgo sorry to disillusion you but your favorite German beer "Jever" contains 0.5% alcohol. If it is for religious or health reason you will have to study every label - even vinegar (for your salad dressing) contains alcohol.
Thats the 'Jever Fun' - too silly a name anyway
"dass Getränke mit maximal 0,5 % vol Alkohol als alkoholfrei gelten dürfen"
seems the German Bier sensibility was too offended to sell Bier without alkohol so the law say alcohol free is up to 0.5%
They know their stuff when it comes to Beer (and bread, and lots of other things too)
I am not at all religious, but health reasons mean I should avoid drinking alcohol for now, so small amounts no problem
But it looks like I will have to give up on my pint of Apple Cider vinegar at breakfast tho

Old Jul 23rd 2021, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Midgo it's not only in Germany also in the UK 0.5% is being marketed alcohol free

https://steadydrinker.com/articles/i...ning%20alcohol.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lots of non-alcoholic beer info on this site!
Old Aug 26th 2021, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

m2m2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Becks Blue (0% Alcohol)

Originally Posted by Midgo
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/252405965

First it was a life and death tea emergency; now it's your dreams of beer...what's next?