Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

AZ vaccine batch numbers AZ4120Z001/2/3 OK for Entry to Pt?

AZ vaccine batch numbers AZ4120Z001/2/3 OK for Entry to Pt?

Old Jul 20th 2021, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Costa de Caparica: 2007-2010. Then Olivais, Lisboa: 2010-2017. Currently back in Cambridge, UK.
ah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond repute
Default AZ vaccine batch numbers AZ4120Z001/2/3 OK for Entry to Pt?

I am visiting Portugal for a week in September - I have been double vaccinated. My first vaccine was the Astra Zeneca batch that the EU has not (yet) approved. I understand Spain & Greece have already said this is not a problem - but has anyone who received either of the 4120Z001, 4120Z002, 4120Z003 batches in the UK been STOPPED from entering Portugal?
Old Jul 20th 2021, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ajmandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AZ vaccine batch numbers AZ4120Z001/2/3 OK for Entry to Pt?

Don't know of anyone that has been "STOPPED" .
No problem entering Portugal for me last week and a friend, that arrived this morning, both having had one of the doses from the batch numbers quoted.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

That's good to know. I have Oxford astrazeneca number for both jabs, my husband has Oxford for the second, but the Indian one for the first. Some countries are expecting you to quarantine if you have the Indian batch.
Old Aug 4th 2021, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard someone say on the TV last night that Portugal was applying a two week quarantine for people with the Indain Astrazenica number.
Old Aug 8th 2021, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Costa de Caparica: 2007-2010. Then Olivais, Lisboa: 2010-2017. Currently back in Cambridge, UK.
ah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
I heard someone say on the TV last night that Portugal was applying a two week quarantine for people with the Indian Astrazenica number.
Yes it looks like Portugal is not going to shift its stance on the "Indian" batch of the AZ vaccine. Spain and Greece have allowed it. Bizarrely, Madeira also accepts it - so you could in principal fly to Madeira, then take a domestic flight to Lisbon - and be allowed in.
Old Aug 8th 2021, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Ajmandon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ah207
Yes it looks like Portugal is not going to shift its stance on the "Indian" batch of the AZ vaccine. Spain and Greece have allowed it. Bizarrely, Madeira also accepts it - so you could in principal fly to Madeira, then take a domestic flight to Lisbon - and be allowed in.
Where do you get that from??

As I told you in response to your original post, I know of two people that entered with those batch numbers without any need to quarantine and have not heard of a single case where those batch numbers were involved in someone having to quarantine.

Unless you have an authorative source for your assertion, you should desist from spreading rumour, misinformation, gossip and social media falsehoods.
Old Aug 8th 2021, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ajmandon
Where do you get that from??

As I told you in response to your original post, I know of two people that entered with those batch numbers without any need to quarantine and have not heard of a single case where those batch numbers were involved in someone having to quarantine.

Unless you have an authorative source for your assertion, you should desist from spreading rumour, misinformation, gossip and social media falsehoods.
Apologies - it was never my intention to spread rumours or misinform - I have been a forum member for best part of a decade and I have lived and worked in Portugal for 10 years (2007-2017). I still go there on business.
A colleague of mine from Cambridge was flagged up 2 weeks a go in Lisbon - and given the choice of the 14 day quarantine, or 48 hour quarantined stay, or immediate leave. He stayed the 48 hours, then returned. His AZ batch number ending in 03 was not accepted by border control that day. I have the same batch number for my first dose. Additionally:
https://www.mylondon.news/lifestyle/...-wont-21210824
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...eu-travel-ban/
I work on the medical field - The EU Medical Regulator (EMA) has thus far NOT approved the three batches in question for use within the EU. The confusion was whether those who had received these batches outside the EU (which nowadays sadly includes UK) would be accepted as being vaccinated.
However, I have just seen the announcement made within the past 72 hours, Portugal has relented and will now allow those vaccinated with the "Indian" batch numbers of the AZ vaccine to enter unimpeded. I therefore consider this thread closed.
https://www.itij.com/latest/news/por...ine-travellers
But please don't get annoyed so easily when you reply to posts - over the years I have benefitted enormously by using this forum to ask and indeed answer questions - all done in a civil manner.