Applying for a Telephone line

Applying for a Telephone line

Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

league is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Applying for a Telephone line

No Telephone Line and living in Tavira

Hi everyone

Can someone put me straight, do you already need a telephone line to apply for Clix telephone service as website quite confusing and as my Portugese is not very good at the moment.

In a another message on the subject Trevortronix mentioned he has a Clix telephone line, maybe he could answer or comment on how to have a new line installed by Clix, as no line at the property so would need to be a completely new install.

Or do I need Sapo to install line first like BT in Uk and then change to a cheaper service like Clix.

If someone can either point me to messages on the subject or explain to me how to install a telephone line preferably with Clix it would be helpful in getting a telephone service to the property.

All help greatly received

regards league
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:09 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for a Telephone line

Originally Posted by league

Hi everyone

Can someone put me straight, do you already need a telephone line to apply for Clix telephone service as website quite confusing and as my Portugese is not very good at the moment.

In a another message on the subject Trevortronix mentioned he has a Clix telephone line, maybe he could answer or comment on how to have a new line installed by Clix, as no line at the property so would need to be a completely new install.

Or do I need Sapo to install line first like BT in Uk and then change to a cheaper service like Clix.

If someone can either point me to messages on the subject or explain to me how to install a telephone line preferably with Clix it would be helpful in getting a telephone service to the property.

regards league
Hi League
Dont know about clix,someone will help with that.
What I can tell you is that if you get PT to install the phone,it will be on a minimum one year contract,so you wouldnt really be able to change provider.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

We signed up for CLIX in our new house, it took about a month for them to get P.T out to install the line(they do it on behalf of CLIX)

As it turned out there was a f#ck up with the instalation(fault of the builder,wrong system on project of house.....long story) so we are still waiting(and waiting) on it being resolved.....
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:22 pm
Banned

Prodigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant future

Hi everyone

regards league
Bom dia league!

In my opinion the safest thing to do is to get Portugal Telecom to install the line (their web site is also in English). After that you can negotiate a contract with your chosen provider.

Boa sorte meu amigo!..
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Prodigal son
Bom dia league!

In my opinion the safest thing to do is to get Portugal Telecom to install the line (their web site is also in English). After that you can negotiate a contract wit
But does Cleri not have a valid point that you will be nailed to a minium one year contract?

If we eventually get CLIX we will save a fortune considering you have net and free calls for 40 euros a month..........
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:31 pm
Banned

Prodigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gedscottish
But does Cleri not have a valid point that you will be nailed to a minium one year contract?

If we eventually get CLIX we will save a fortune considering you have net and free calls for 40 euros a month..........
Yes, but the risk is having to way to up to a year before you get the installation
Old Sep 4th 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, but the risk is having to way to up to a year before you get the installation
you may have a point as I have I heard a few complaints about how long people have waited but in our case if our builder had no made a boob of things then we would have had it within a month.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 3:25 pm
Banned

you may have a point as I have I heard a few complaints about how long people have waited but in our case if our builder had no made a boob of things then we would have had it within a month.
Was it a local builder? What did you have built?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again

I have just spoken to World com as they speak english, and they tell me as you all rightly say PT Telecom will have to install the line, but they tell me to only ask for line only which does not have a 12 month contract after line has been installed you can change to provider of choice.

Anyone had this option, as trying to understand the PT website not easy.
I could not find any reference to UK version of site as mentioned by prodigal son any link to it would help.

Can you register and order line on website, or do you have to be in Portugal?

regards league
thanks for all the replies
Old Sep 4th 2007, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Was it a local builder? What did you have built?
Yes....well fairly local. Was more the electrician to blame than the builder to be fair and we really can't complain about the builder(who is also a friend).....the whole project was hassle free thanks to his massive input with all the paper work/red tape etc Was a 192m2 "ultra modern" house we had built in the countryside.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 3:51 pm
Banned

Yes....well fairly local. Was more the electrician to blame than the builder to be fair and we really can't complain about the builder(who is also a friend).....the whole project was hassle free thanks to his massive input with all the paper work/red tape etc Was a 192m2 "ultra modern" house we had built in the countryside.
It sounds lovelly! I'm soooooo envious(not really)
Desejo-lhes uma boa passagem por Portugal!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:03 pm
Banned

Hi again

I have just spoken to World com as they speak english, and they tell me as you all rightly say PT Telecom will have to install the line, but they tell me to only ask for line only which does not have a 12 month contract after line has been installed you can change to provider of choice.

Anyone had this option, as trying to understand the PT website not easy.
I could not find any reference to UK version of site as mentioned by prodigal son any link to it would help.

Can you register and order line on website, or do you have to be in Portugal?

regards league
thanks for all the replies
The English section is limited! But try to find out the cost without and with contract (sometimes it is better to make 2 separate calls, requesting the info). To register you probably need an address in Portugal. But there are local shops that will be able to assist you!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Prodigal son

Thanks for the info, I have not contacted PT yet as was not sure if they spoke english, but will try by telephone 1st and visit the PT shop they have in Tavira.

BTW I have all the other info to register as I have already bought a house in Tavira in July.

regards league
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Mistyrain will become famous soon enoughMistyrain will become famous soon enough

Thought I would sneek this one into this thread! I don't suppose anyone by some freek of nature would know if there are any "deals" (like in the UK) for phoning New Zealand. I have one at present with BT where it is rediculously cheap at 2p a min. The other option I suppose would be an international phone card.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:14 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

PT do have various packages,but Im not sure about NZ
I pay 7 euros a month and get 100 free mins a month to uk.

You could always use http://www.jajah.com/info/tools/mobile/

Ive used it before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.