Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Anyone flown to Faro recently?

Anyone flown to Faro recently?

Old Dec 3rd 2020, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone flown to Faro recently?

Originally Posted by morro
Locator form on internet only, they will not ask for it (Ryanair) but I did print it just to be safe! They did not even look at hand luggage, some had 3 or 4 bags, even full size rucksacks!
I have a copy, it's on my phone and I presume they have a copy, so I'm good to go. Got my money today too. My 'to do' list is being checked off nicely. They may have been in the 'pay for extra room and bags' seats.

How much did you pay for parking at Bristol?
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

morro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond repute

£88 for 10 weeks, and I must have moved that booking many times in the last year.The rate was so cheap that I booked all 4 holidays for next year at the same rate. I hope it will start on my return. On a happier note, my car in Tavira , that has been sitting in my garage for 11 months, due to Covid and other problems started first time!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

£88 for 10 weeks, and I must have moved that booking many times in the last year.The rate was so cheap that I booked all 4 holidays for next year at the same rate. I hope it will start on my return. On a happier note, my car in Tavira , that has been sitting in my garage for 11 months, due to Covid and other problems started first time!!!
That is a good price. Luton airport is much more expensive and if your flight is delayed, or even cancelled, you have to pay a daily rate. Sharks during a pandemic.
Old Dec 4th 2020, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Two weeks from today, it will all be over. We hate flying - I never used to until I met my husband. I hate leaving my dog for two weeks. We fostered her and decided to keep her because she keeps being abandoned, she'll think we're just the same, but two weeks from now, we'll be together again. Dodging Covid doesn't feel nice. Hopefully, we will be clutching our residency paper just two weeks from now.

Last edited by bons; Dec 4th 2020 at 4:38 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck. xx
Old Dec 18th 2020, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road

Hope you are well and that all went fine. I saw that Easyjet flew from Bristol this morning and arrived faro mid morning. So presumably that was your flight.
How was it?
Old Dec 19th 2020, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm back home now with my little dog by the radiator, all of us by the radiator.
Old Dec 19th 2020, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you were successful?
Old Dec 20th 2020, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Abdc21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bons
I'm back home now with my little dog by the radiator, all of us by the radiator.
That’s good news. Alteast you are home now.
Old Dec 20th 2020, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes I am glad to be home with my little dog, especially has everything has gone pear -shaped here. We're in quarantine, but quite honestly, I wouldn't be going out much any way. It's scary outside. We have our residencias, yay, just driving licences to think about as we can't really come back to Portugal until about April and we can't lose our UK licenses yet.

I was a bit disappointed to discover that people had bandanas and any old mask on the flight, despite it stating that you wouldn't get on the plane and we bought some. Maybe it made us safer, mabye the others were 'equivalent', some didn't look like it though. They gave drinks out on the flight and the guy next to my husband going out had a drink so took his mask off for about 20 minutes. That was over 14 days ago, so he is safe from that now!
Old Dec 20th 2020, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well done! I bet you're feeling like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders!
Old Dec 20th 2020, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shanorme
Well done! I bet you're feeling like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders!
Thanks. Yes, after all the angst and planning, we made it. I still feel a little uneasy about having to travel like that during a pandemic and I will be happy when my ten day's quarantine is up - I couldn't believe it when they anounced that whilst we were there - and I know I didn't pick up Covid.

Old Dec 21st 2020, 8:28 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

REALLY ? Which company is that ? LInk ? You pick up at the airport ?
What always worries me about car hire is the horror stories you read about companies finding real or imagined scratches on return of vehicle and charging extortionate amounts which you have simply no mechanism to dispute or resist as they have your CC number.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to be Portuguese nationals and residents only now allowed in.

It does make you wonder if all countries should have just shut their borders from day one.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

When we saw China closing Wuhan down the way they did, and the deaths they were having, we should have closed all flights in and out of China. Because there was no pandemic in living memory and there had been a threat from SARS which came and went, Governments were too complacant, probably thinking it could never happen. I don't know when or how this will end now.

Last edited by bons; Dec 21st 2020 at 12:11 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.