Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Any hotels with winter long-stay deals?

Wikiposts

Old Oct 3rd 2014, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any hotels with winter long-stay deals?

Does anyone know where I might be able to find details of hotels with long-stay deals during the winter months? I am coming to Portugal this winter to test it as a retirement destination, and would like to spend several months in different locations. I suspect most of these deals are in the Algarve, but I would also like to visit Lisbon and the Silver Coast.

If anyone has any alternative ideas for cheap long-stay accommodation options, I would be grateful to receive them.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any hotels with winter long-stay deals?

Winter hotel rates are often lower than summer ones but I'm not aware of any hotels in my part of central Portugal (Figueiro Dos Vinhos) that offer long term discounts but there are plenty of long term self catering apartments in the area and for what it's worth, €350 per month plus services will get you a 2 bedroom apartment with central heating, air con, MEO TV and unlimited fibre optic internet.

If you're researching for a retirement destination, one of your biggest problems will be finding out what is and isn't available in the individual areas because so much isn't publicised at all so it'll help you if you can find an English speaker that knows the area to help and advise you.

We recently built a website for our own guest apartment and when we looked at the various local municipal tourism websites, we found they were all in Portuguese language only...... how they can hope to sell the area to the world in a language the rest of the world doesn't understand, is a mystery to me! LOL!

Last edited by mfesharne; Oct 3rd 2014 at 7:05 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 10:04 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teejaydee
Does anyone know where I might be able to find details of hotels with long-stay deals during the winter months? I am coming to Portugal this winter to test it as a retirement destination, and would like to spend several months in different locations. I suspect most of these deals are in the Algarve, but I would also like to visit Lisbon and the Silver Coast.

If anyone has any alternative ideas for cheap long-stay accommodation options, I would be grateful to receive them.
I suspect that most of the real long term winter deals are through travel companies, and almost certainly single destinations, at least they used to be. Perhaps look at some of the travel companies deals, then approaching the hotels direct might work.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 4:17 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Contact the Pechey group in Albufeira or the holiday company Mercury direct.
The Baia Crystal in Carvoeiro was doing deals last winter.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for the helpful information. Self-catering apartments seem the cheapest option. I'll do some further research and see what I can find, but I think I might have to go to the area first and then start looking around "on the ground".
Old Oct 4th 2014, 9:05 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

In the Algarve the " hotel " deals have been so cheap that apartment owners just cannot compete with them.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

Originally Posted by teejaydee
All of them - choose one you like in an area you want to visit then just email and negotiate.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 1:59 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

adding to the above, three links offering several self-catering off-season accommodations

Welcome

Self Catering Holiday Accommodation in Portugal | Peaceful-Portugal.com

http://centralportugalapartmentrental.weebly.com/

Last edited by not2old; Oct 5th 2014 at 3:51 am. Reason: added some info
Old Oct 5th 2014, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
adding to the above, two links offering several self-catering off-season accomodations

Welcome

Self Catering Holiday Accommodation in Portugal | Peaceful-Portugal.com
I can highly recommend the first property on the Self Catering Holiday Accommodation in Portugal | Peaceful-Portugal.com site.