Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Amazon Firestick TV

Amazon Firestick TV

Old Dec 27th 2015, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Bazoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Amazon Firestick TV

All the tv/movies you can ever want for free as long as you have a decent broadband speed ....Install Kodi for Windows
Old Dec 28th 2015, 2:53 pm
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute

mfsharne: JAYSUS...........lucky YOU...unlimited fibre optic...golly me feels da envy
Old Dec 28th 2015, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

We're currently getting 25.23 Mbps download & 15.77 Mbps upload speed....... Love it to bits! LOL
Old Dec 28th 2015, 5:32 pm
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute

proudpigletyou
Old Dec 28th 2015, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

The highest speed we ever had when we lived in Africa was about 0.5 Mbps so this is a dream come true for us!
Old Dec 28th 2015, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bazoo
All the tv/movies you can ever want for free as long as you have a decent broadband speed ....Install Kodi for Windows
Hi All

For all those who like me don't use windowssssss the reference to Kodi is in fact XBMC works on most operating systems even IOS, Mac, windowas and most types of Linux and Android.

Peter
Old Dec 29th 2015, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Has anyone here actually installed Kodi & if so, have they had any problems?

I'm always a bit chary about programs that offer something for nothing.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 8:24 am
Huw
Just Joined

Huw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mfesharne
Has anyone here actually installed Kodi & if so, have they had any problems?

I'm always a bit chary about programs that offer something for nothing.
Firstly sorry if I'm posting this wrongly as hardly ever have anything to contribute.
We bought an apartment in Tavira in the autumn. I bought a Vodafone WiFi router which was 25 euros a month on a 30 contract. We arrived here yesterday and I brought an Amazon fire stick with us that I bought and loaded Kodi onto.
To my amazement every thing is working well. You get the usual problems. But so far bbc, itv and sky seems to be working, as well as all the films and documentaries.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Bazoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mfesharne
Has anyone here actually installed Kodi & if so, have they had any problems? I'm always a bit chary about programs that offer something for nothing.
When I was in Thailand in November I bought a Samsung S2 Tablet and loaded KODI on to it. The next thing I did was install Kewltv updater (configures all the settings) and that cost me £1.09 for a month, there are others but I found this one particularly easy to use.
I had access to nearly 3000 TV channels and mountains of movies, plenty of which were HD. I had live streaming of all the UK terrestrial and satellite channels including premium channels without the need of a VPN.
As content locations move around the internet to avoid prosecutions for copyright infringement you need to periodically update the hyperlinks.
As to the legality of things. KODI only points you to the hyperlinks and automatically connects you to the source. It currently is not illegal to receive streamed copyright content but it is illegal to make a copy.
Dutch courts has asked the European Court of Justice to make a ruling on receiving streamed copyright content. There is no timeframe for the ECJ to make a decision, and the court is not obliged to follow the form of questions or even answer them directly. The questions will likely spark a legal review of the issue of streamed content that could set a lengthy and wide ranging legal precedent.
So in essence easy to use, legal to use, the morality of the user will determine if it is for them or not. The use of satellite decoders/internet boxes picking up UK channels in Portugal is probably on the same par.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've spent a large part of today trying to install in onto my laptop and/or my Samsung Galaxy and no luck so far.

The laptop takes all the way through the install process and then hangs right at the end and the Samsung download tells me it's not compatible with my device....... but I'm starting with the android version.

I've posted on their farcebook page asking for advice but so far haven't had an answer.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

Downloading kodi and then black box is tedious but eventually works . Look up online or on YouTube. I have links if anyone needs them. You need internet
Old May 1st 2016, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

julie221271 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Huw
Firstly sorry if I'm posting this wrongly as hardly ever have anything to contribute.
We bought an apartment in Tavira in the autumn. I bought a Vodafone WiFi router which was 25 euros a month on a 30 contract. We arrived here yesterday and I brought an Amazon fire stick with us that I bought and loaded Kodi onto.
To my amazement every thing is working well. You get the usual problems. But so far bbc, itv and sky seems to be working, as well as all the films and documentaries.
Please can you tell me, did you install everything on your fire stick on your TV in the uk, then take to Portugal and use it or was it all installed in Portugal. I'm going to my parents in June and they use the android box and hate it. Just wondered how and what you did for it to work in Tavira.
Regards
Julie
Old May 2nd 2016, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

I use android boxes bought in Uk last one was £25 pounds and better than previous £80 one.Does your vodafone €25 a month include telephone line rental
Old May 2nd 2016, 5:53 pm
Huw
Just Joined

Huw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by julie221271
Please can you tell me, did you install everything on your fire stick on your TV in the uk, then take to Portugal and use it or was it all installed in Portugal. I'm going to my parents in June and they use the android box and hate it. Just wondered how and what you did for it to work in Tavira.
Regards
Julie
Hi Julie
I installed it in the UK and it worked perfectly.
H
Old May 3rd 2016, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

SMENI is on a distinguished road

I installed a firestick in UK and brought it here, but zilch! So I use Filmon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.