Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

AMAZON DELIVERIES VIA SEUR

AMAZON DELIVERIES VIA SEUR

Old May 27th 2017, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AMAZON DELIVERIES VIA SEUR

we've noticed a big increase in problems with deliveries from the UK since - the 'b' word
GLS have always been a problem - did anyone read the UK story where a full warehouse of abandoned GLS packages were found in the UK last year - could be part of the reason

The Portuguese post office don't help - i sometimes sell vintage cognacs and whisky and the Portuguese post office accept them - but they said they couldn't tell me which company would actually deliver them in other countries - so for eg - GLS in the UK don't accept alcohol and either send it back - destroy it - or otherwise are a huge pain
- in fact the list of what you can and cannot send through them is so immense i'm surprised anyone is able to use them anymore

But Amazon uk have recently started to seriously restrict the goods they will ship to portugal - my wife says 50% of the things she bought in the past are no longer available to ship here
we're having to chase up or give up on 50% of the items ordered over the last few months and sadly expect it to get worse
Did anyone read the recent business survey that talked about this -
65% of EU companies that currently buy from the UK are trying to source from other countries - as are 35% of UK companies trying to source outside of the EU
Sadly it seems the walls are starting to go up
we now try to use Amazon es and de as even though the postage is higher they seem to have a lot less problems
we're also trying to source many other things from eu countries because of this
Sadly the UK for us is now the last resort
as for shipping to portugal from outside of the EU - there lies madness

Last edited by carvoeiro; May 27th 2017 at 10:18 am.
Old May 27th 2017, 10:57 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
we've noticed a big increase in problems with deliveries from the UK since - the 'b' word
GLS have always been a problem - did anyone read the UK story where a full warehouse of abandoned GLS packages were found in the UK last year - could be part of the reason

The Portuguese post office don't help - i sometimes sell vintage cognacs and whisky and the Portuguese post office accept them - but they said they couldn't tell me which company would actually deliver them in other countries - so for eg - GLS in the UK don't accept alcohol and either send it back - destroy it - or otherwise are a huge pain
- in fact the list of what you can and cannot send through them is so immense i'm surprised anyone is able to use them anymore

But Amazon uk have recently started to seriously restrict the goods they will ship to portugal - my wife says 50% of the things she bought in the past are no longer available to ship here
we're having to chase up or give up on 50% of the items ordered over the last few months and sadly expect it to get worse
Did anyone read the recent business survey that talked about this -
65% of EU companies that currently buy from the UK are trying to source from other countries - as are 35% of UK companies trying to source outside of the EU
Sadly it seems the walls are starting to go up
we now try to use Amazon es and de as even though the postage is higher they seem to have a lot less problems
we're also trying to source many other things from eu countries because of this
Sadly the UK for us is now the last resort
as for shipping to portugal from outside of the EU - there lies madness
Could it no more than Amazon having to deal with an increasing number of complaint ts for undelivered goods due to the poor quality of the companies mentioned.
The cost of refunds admin etc outweighs the profit from any sales.

Last edited by Rosemary; May 28th 2017 at 11:27 am. Reason: stop goading
Old May 27th 2017, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Could it no more than Amazon having to deal with an increasing number of complaint ts for undelivered goods due to the poor quality of the companies mentioned.
The cost of refunds admin etc outweighs the profit from any sales.
I think its all to easy to start blaming brexit for anything that goes wrong.
i don't blame the 'b' word - i'm just reporting facts
coincidentally we didn't have as many problems prior to the 'b' word and we buy roughly the same things as before

there's a famous quotation that perhaps you should heed

'if you decide to constantly play devils advocate you should say so first - < snipped >

Last edited by BEVS; May 28th 2017 at 10:31 pm. Reason: stp with the name calling please.
Old May 27th 2017, 1:04 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

i don't blame the 'b' word - i'm just reporting facts
coincidentally we didn't have as many problems prior to the 'b' word and we buy roughly the same things as before

there's a famous quotation that perhaps you should heed

'if you decide to constantly play devils advocate you should say so first - otherwise you just appear to be a dickhead'
Nice to see that you are as consistent as ever.
You are obviously not paranoid, you know they are out to get you.

Last edited by Rosemary; May 28th 2017 at 11:28 am. Reason: last warning to stop goading
Old May 28th 2017, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

When I want UK deliveries from a vendor who won't deliver here, or charge too much, I have it delivered to Direct Transport in the UK and then collect it at their warehouse in Porshes whenever I'm in the area.

I've bought items from Holland, France, and Germany too; but many vendors don't post outside their countries at all and of course there's the lingo hassle as well.

The courier services are all set up using a model from other countries where they use GPS to find the addresses; but for that to work, there has to be a national address database, which Portugal does not have. So they accept parcels without hope of success.

Still, I've almost always received orders lately, despite living in an unnumbered house on an unnamed road.

I don't think delivery troubles have anything to do with the originating country, the problem is your local delivery person.
Some of them actually attempt to do the work, some do not.

And as I always say, make sure your phone number is on the parcel.

If you two start bickering about nonsense again, may your fingertips rot until you can type no more. It's really very boring to look at the columns of mind numbing rubbish, and these days I rarely bother to read or post here anymore because of it.
Old May 28th 2017, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by liveaboard
If you two start bickering about nonsense again, may your fingertips rot until you can type no more. It's really very boring to look at the columns of mind numbing rubbish, and these days I rarely bother to read or post here anymore because of it.
i agree and apologise
my first posting to any topic is always appropriate - asks for or gives information that is appropriate to the topic
the posting that always follows mine - whatever i post to is always from emr - it always contradicts - personal attacks - makes some derogatory reference to anything i type
sadly then i reply - result what you describe - and i don't like it anymore than you do
if anyone can give a realistic way to end the situation please post it
suggestions please -

Last edited by Rosemary; May 28th 2017 at 11:25 am. Reason: corrected quote
Old May 28th 2017, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

i agree and apologise
my first posting to any topic is always appropriate - asks for or gives information that is appropriate to the topic
the posting that always follows mine - whatever i post to is always from emr - it always contradicts - personal attacks - makes some derogatory reference to anything i type
sadly then i reply - result what you describe - and i don't like it anymore than you do
if anyone can give a realistic way to end the situation please post it
suggestions please -
Don't take it personal EMR male/ female or other just has a go at all posts to cause trouble so best to ignore EMR.

How else do you explain almost 16,500 post or replies that's almost 3,300 a year.

Peter

Last edited by peterfc; May 28th 2017 at 12:33 pm.
Old May 30th 2017, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

My policy is to ignore such posts, but I will still respond to what I regard as intelligent comments by the same person.

It's difficult to not get provoked when a dissenting opinion is presented in a rude manner; many times I've angrily typed out a biting reply, and then just deleted it without posting.

Other people have other opinions, and that's ok. I try [not always successfully] to present my own and then leave it.

Even though I know that MY opinion is the RIGHT one and everyone else is obviously wrong, that's for the reader to decide.
Old May 30th 2017, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
When I want UK deliveries from a vendor who won't deliver here, or charge too much, I have it delivered to Direct Transport in the UK and then collect it at their warehouse in Porshes whenever I'm in the area.

I've bought items from Holland, France, and Germany too; but many vendors don't post outside their countries at all and of course there's the lingo hassle as well.

The courier services are all set up using a model from other countries where they use GPS to find the addresses; but for that to work, there has to be a national address database, which Portugal does not have. So they accept parcels without hope of success.

Still, I've almost always received orders lately, despite living in an unnumbered house on an unnamed road.

I don't think delivery troubles have anything to do with the originating country, the problem is your local delivery person.
Some of them actually attempt to do the work, some do not.

And as I always say, make sure your phone number is on the parcel.

HEAR HEAR Live. We have acquired some very passionate, but more than slightly obsessed posters of late... it is boring people to death. As you know I have explored the world of courier deliveries ,even going so far as to winkle them out in Faro.(district) They are very nice people but totally unprofessional outfits.. and they are all linked to each other.

To provide a crap service.!!

I have given up.. I pay the extra (not much now they know me) and get my parcel delivered via a UK address. Algarve Removals brings them to their depot.Its not often,and I like going to a restaurant, (after picking up my parcel)
in Armacao(s) da Pera
Old May 31st 2017, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Just to prove miracles do happen, I had a phone call 25 minutes ago & a voice said (in perfect English) "It's the SEUR driver here. I have a delivery for you. I think I know where your house is & I'll be with you in 20 minutes but wanted to check you are at home"

Lo & behold, he arrived bang on time.
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfesharne
Just to prove miracles do happen, I had a phone call 25 minutes ago & a voice said (in perfect English) "It's the SEUR driver here. I have a delivery for you. I think I know where your house is & I'll be with you in 20 minutes but wanted to check you are at home"

Lo & behold, he arrived bang on time.
Thats fantastic mfesharne.. Now can you please tell him to pop down tot he Algarve and show them how it is done
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
Thats fantastic mfesharne.. Now can you please tell him to pop down tot he Algarve and show them how it is done

I'm not sure he'll be able to find the Algarve Genie!
Old Jun 4th 2017, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

Originally Posted by mfesharne

I'm not sure he'll be able to find the Algarve Genie!

Agree. I wonder how they find their way in and out of the depot knowing where it is and where they are going when I see a van out and about. Oh, I did see one at a café-restaurant at lunchtime recently .....

Last edited by Sunseeker1st; Jun 4th 2017 at 7:44 am.
Old Jun 4th 2017, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sunseeker1st

Agree. I wonder how they find their way in and out of the depot knowing where it is and where they are going when I see a van out and about. Oh, I did see one at a café-restaurant at lunchtime recently .....
Lol They can find THOSE alright... Bica and brandy anyone?
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Re Ordered a product from a E-Bay seller.
1st Order sent by Royal Mail International Standard - arrived in 5 day's

This Order sent thru Track & Trace = GLS & there site shows they "tried to deliver on 02.08.17 & again on 03.08.17" & "as office closed left notification in post box"
I was quite surprised to be told my office was closed as I was working in it all day - both day's & on checking post box found it was empty

As from a previous post on this very subject :- They have ALL my contact details i.e. phones to contact myself & e-mail, yet still fail to carry out the task they are paid to do !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.