Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Alojamento local and rental question

Alojamento local and rental question

Old Oct 6th 2019, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alojamento local and rental question

Do all rental properties need to have and display this license?
Also is it true all rental property tenants should be provided with a rent book?

Landlord issues after we put in notice to quit🙄
Old Oct 7th 2019, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alojamento local and rental question

Are you talking about short term or long-term rentals?
Old Oct 7th 2019, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Probably long term as I'm on a yearly contract basis, utility bills are still in landlords name but I pay them, no rent book, no licence displayed at property, landlord wants me out after putting in my notice so she can sell property but she also wants to retain my deposit....

Old Oct 7th 2019, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect you need to consult a Portuguese solicitor on this.

Lack of correct documentation in Portugal seriously complicates issue like this.

Licence is only needed for short term rentals I understand.
Old Oct 7th 2019, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

ricko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a year length rental, you should have received a written contract.
This should set out the circumstances for cancelling the contract, and returning the deposit.
I used Google translate to get an idea of what was in the contract.

Separately, a different Estate Agent told me that by Portuguese law, you can cancel the contract after a third of the length of the contract.
Old Oct 7th 2019, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Dingg, do you have a formal written contract or get monthly receipts for your rent??

If not, you could be in trouble as your landlord might not be declaring the rent as he or she is required to do.

I now remember that as from 2 years ago all long-term rent payment invoices and receipts must be done on-line via the Finanças website.
Old Oct 7th 2019, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barlaventoexpert
... I now remember that as from 2 years ago all long-term rent payment invoices and receipts must be done on-line via the Finanças website.
I presume they should therefore be visible at https://faturas.portaldasfinancas.go...uirente.action if the landlord is doing it right?
Old Oct 7th 2019, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Indeed!
Old Oct 7th 2019, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

no invoices have been lodged with financas dept

thanks all

that gives me a bit of ammo

ps I have a contract but it hasn't been adhered to by the letting agent , no inventory completed , holding deposit wrong , no receipts have been issued at all.
Old Oct 7th 2019, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's getting interesting now, the agent is quoting me parts of the contract that don't exist.

You really couldn't make it up......

A visit to the office is on the cards for tomorrow
Old Oct 8th 2019, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

One more q if I may before I go in all guns blazing.

Even if the landlord is non pt resident should they still be informing the finance office here of the rental payments?

Tia
Old Oct 8th 2019, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Definitely!

The rental income was generated in Portugal from a Portuguese Asset!

If the Owner is tax resident elsewhere it's between that tax authority & the Financas here to resolve the jurisdiction.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

ricko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond repute

I
t's getting interesting now, the agent is quoting me parts of the contract that don't exist.
My agent did not complete the inventory after I pointed out some defects.

What does the agent now claim is extra to the contract?
Old Oct 8th 2019, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

That they are allowed to hold the refund of the deposit for 3 days following my handing the keys back.

Nothing at all in contract about it but agent says its quite clearly stated, not stated at all in point of fact 🙄🙄
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh well as the agent is being used to sell the property she has sent back the security deposit to the landlord so I will have no chance of having it returned to me.

Just have to run the clock down in the property until no deposit is due back to me.

What's in people's minds when they think they can treat tenants in this way I just don't know.

​Probably inexperienced in the business I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.