Alcobaba Area

Old Mar 26th 2019, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Stephenwonders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alcobaba Area

Bom dia pessoal,

We are quite attracted to the Alcobaca area and the Silver coast in general as a place to retire to. We have visited before so we know what the area looks like. We know Sao Martino quite well.

I saw posts from a good few years ago that someone was seeking information on social meetings with other English speaking immigrants. Has this developed over the years with more people settling in the area?

Of course we do not want to limit ourselves to just mixing with English speakers. We are both fans of rugby union and RL. Are there any rugby clubs in the Alcobaca or Nazere area?

We could see ourselves doing some sort of voluntary work in order to integrate. Any ideas on this folks? We also like to trade at flea markets. Could this be possible in the area?

What are the hospital and medical facilities like in the area? I have read some reviews on line and they are not very impressive.

Obrigado
Old Mar 26th 2019, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alcobaba Area

Originally Posted by Stephenwonders
Bom dia pessoal,

We are quite attracted to the Alcobaca area and the Silver coast in general as a place to retire to. We have visited before so we know what the area looks like. We know Sao Martino quite well.

I saw posts from a good few years ago that someone was seeking information on social meetings with other English speaking immigrants. Has this developed over the years with more people settling in the area?

Of course we do not want to limit ourselves to just mixing with English speakers. We are both fans of rugby union and RL. Are there any rugby clubs in the Alcobaca or Nazere area?

We could see ourselves doing some sort of voluntary work in order to integrate. Any ideas on this folks? We also like to trade at flea markets. Could this be possible in the area?

What are the hospital and medical facilities like in the area? I have read some reviews on line and they are not very impressive.

Obrigado
RU Rugby Club in Caldas da Rainha - No RL as far as I know.
Flea Market 's - Alcobaça & Sâo Martinho do Porto every month.
Alcobaça Hospital +/- any major problems your transferred to Leiria
No idea on Ex Pats social meetings in Alcobaça , São Martinho has a large UK Expat population.
Old Mar 26th 2019, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

heading2PT is an unknown quantity at this point

Regarding voluntary organisations, REFOOD have started in Alcobaca and are always keen to have volunteers, choice of days and times to volunteer. They have a FB page. Silver Coast Volunteers are based in Obidos, they staff a Book Exchange, and a shop selling items made by the local community. There are others.

There are many opportunities to meet up with new residents to the area, Sllver Coast Walks, Caldas International Ladies, Silver Coast Friends, bowling groups, volunteers for the local dog kennel, netball group, walking football ..... and the list goes on.

Denise .
Old Mar 27th 2019, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Stephenwonders is an unknown quantity at this point

Bom dia,

Many thanks for the reply's and information which are very encouraging.

Obrigardo