Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

AL licence valid 5 years?

AL licence valid 5 years?

Old Nov 14th 2023, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough
Default AL licence valid 5 years?

Hi,

We have an AL licence as of 2019.
I now heard that an AL licence is valid for only 5 years and need to be renewed.

I think that this in under the new law of 2023 and licences issued before stay valid until 2030.

Is this correct?

Thanks!
Old Nov 19th 2023, 5:42 pm
Living the Dream

westernliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AL licence valid 5 years?

There have been new laws passed and the implication is if you don't reregister within two months of the law being passed on the 6/10/23 you will lose your AL certificate. As a matter of urgency I suggest you contact the layer who obtained your AL for you.

Below I have pasted an extract from some notes I received.All rental license holders have 2 months from the date of the publication of the law (06/10/2023) to prove, through a «declaração contributiva de manutenção de atividade de exploração» that you have an active Alojamento Local communicating this on the RNAL Platform ( Registo Nacional de Alojamento Local though the Balcão Único Electronico ) as foreseen on article 6 of the Dec Lei nº 92/2010 of the 26/07/2023.

Failing to do so will make the local Camara cancel the license.

This declaration can be done on the RNAL site (Turismo de Portugal) and will have to contain a copy of the tax return. The online submission needs to be done by someone with power of attorney for the effective or yourself if you hold a citizenship card. Failing this, you can go to the Camara and do it in person.

I think you are running out of time.
Old Nov 20th 2023, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by westernliving
There have been new laws passed and the implication is if you don't reregister within two months of the law being passed on the 6/10/23 you will lose your AL certificate. As a matter of urgency I suggest you contact the layer who obtained your AL for you.

Below I have pasted an extract from some notes I received.All rental license holders have 2 months from the date of the publication of the law (06/10/2023) to prove, through a «declaração contributiva de manutenção de atividade de exploração» that you have an active Alojamento Local communicating this on the RNAL Platform ( Registo Nacional de Alojamento Local though the Balcão Único Electronico ) as foreseen on article 6 of the Dec Lei nº 92/2010 of the 26/07/2023.

Failing to do so will make the local Camara cancel the license.

This declaration can be done on the RNAL site (Turismo de Portugal) and will have to contain a copy of the tax return. The online submission needs to be done by someone with power of attorney for the effective or yourself if you hold a citizenship card. Failing this, you can go to the Camara and do it in person.

I think you are running out of time.
Thank you!
I already did proof that I have an active AL.

The confusing was that a friend told me I had to renew my licence every 5 years. I now found out that this is for the licences as from 2030.
Old Nov 20th 2023, 6:57 am
Living the Dream

westernliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pilou
Thank you!
I already did proof that I have an active AL.

The confusing was that a friend told me I had to renew my licence every 5 years. I now found out that this is for the licences as from 2030.
My understanding is unless the property is registered as a moradia you have to provide documentation to confirm it has been let for a minimum of 60 days since the licence was issued and regardless of the type of licence it has to be renewed annually and the 60 day rule starts again.