Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

AFPOP (Association of Foreign Property Owners in Portugal)

AFPOP (Association of Foreign Property Owners in Portugal)

Old Jul 25th 2021, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

m2m2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question AFPOP (Association of Foreign Property Owners in Portugal)

"Since 1987 afpop, the largest Association for foreign residents in Portugal, has been providing a comprehensive range of information services and support to foreign residents and visitors to Portugal. The Association’s name AFPOP, stands for Association of Foreign Property Owners in Portugal, but the great news is you don’t have to be either a foreigner or own property in Portugal to join the 8,000 existing Members and get up-to-date information and assistance from a dedicated, professional team."

Anyone a member of AFPOP? Is it worth joining? They are located Portimão; but I'm not sure I be moving to that part of Portugal. Are there similar organisations in other parts of Portugal?
Old Jul 25th 2021, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AFPOP (Association of Foreign Property Owners in Portugal)

Originally Posted by m2m2012
"Since 1987 afpop, the largest Association for foreign residents in Portugal, has been providing a comprehensive range of information services and support to foreign residents and visitors to Portugal. The Association’s name AFPOP, stands for Association of Foreign Property Owners in Portugal, but the great news is you don’t have to be either a foreigner or own property in Portugal to join the 8,000 existing Members and get up-to-date information and assistance from a dedicated, professional team."

Anyone a member of AFPOP? Is it worth joining? They are located Portimão; but I'm not sure I be moving to that part of Portugal. Are there similar organisations in other parts of Portugal?
Useful organisation and not expensive to join. Through them a lot of members opt for the Allianz health Insurance at very reasonable rates, one of the few that offers cover to over '70s. In current environment provide excellent regular updates on restrictions etc. Also a whole range of discount deals from various companies.