AFPOP

Old May 22nd 2013, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

daisyman1951 will become famous soon enough
Default AFPOP

Hi does anyone pay a fee to this outfit, www.afpop.com, and if so are they worth the money? Thank you
Old May 22nd 2013, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AFPOP

I have a single membership and do not usually attend the social events as I work but find the information service very useful.
Old May 22nd 2013, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steppitoe
I have a single membership and do not usually attend the social events as I work but find the information service very useful.
80 euros a year for information sounds a bit steep. Is there really anything they can tell you that you can't find on the internet?

To me 80 euros is shocking, perhaps if it was 10 euros they would have 50 times the clients
Old May 22nd 2013, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gedscottish
80 euros a year for information sounds a bit steep. Is there really anything they can tell you that you can't find on the internet?

To me 80 euros is shocking, perhaps if it was 10 euros they would have 50 times the clients
46€ a year is the renewal fee and yes I believe that the information they supply is worth it. Much of the info on the internet is absolute rubbish including a lot of postings on forums. An example is a post that say you just have to drive your car to Spain, buy petrol and come back to Portugal to keep it here for six more months!
Old May 22nd 2013, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

46€ a year is the renewal fee and yes I believe that the information they supply is worth it. Much of the info on the internet is absolute rubbish including a lot of postings on forums. An example is a post that say you just have to drive your car to Spain, buy petrol and come back to Portugal to keep it here for six more months!
Lol agree that on forums etc People post as if its fact when it's just nonsense! But normally someone will come along to rubbish it! The example you gave though does not take much searching in the right places to get factual information rather than just guess work.
Old May 22nd 2013, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Wife and I are members; mainly so we can get their group healthcare deal from Medal.
Got the afpop discount on a rental car, I also get a discount on my regular car insurance; that offsets some of the membership fee.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:23 am
Banned

Benny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to all

Waste of money
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Benny Dorm
Waste of money
Based on what. We save more in discounts than we spend on membership. Please quantify your statement.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:39 am
Banned

Benny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to all

Based on what. We save more in discounts than we spend on membership. Please quantify your statement.
Personal experience
Old May 23rd 2013, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by liveaboard
Wife and I are members; mainly so we can get their group healthcare deal from Medal.
Got the afpop discount on a rental car, I also get a discount on my regular car insurance; that offsets some of the membership fee.
But is there really more discount than you would get if you were not a member?(can you prove that) The health one I could perhaps believe if they have some kind of "frota" like a large business may have but I would expect to see less coverage than the insurance companies normal policies. Which insurance company covers the health care?

The car insurance, if for example you are insured via Lusitania, have you actually tried getting a quote direct from them to see if it is more expensive? Medal is just an insurance broker/mediator so I fail to see how they can give more discount than any other mediator?! Although I stand to be corrected...

p.s Just having a look at the site and vice president of AFPOP is also the manager of Medal... biased much?!

Last edited by gedscottish; May 23rd 2013 at 11:55 am.
Old May 23rd 2013, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Do you sell insurance?
Old May 23rd 2013, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Medal has a group health insurance deal with Allianz. No, I can't prove anything.
All I can say is that we are members of AFPOP, and this is why. I believe it's a much better deal than they [Allianz] would give to an individual, but no, I can't prove that either.
The health cover has been working well for us so far; they have paid our claims without any complexities.
I like being part of AFPOP because if I do have a large insurance claim I'm more than just one customer. Being part of a group gives extra clout.
Old May 23rd 2013, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Do you sell insurance?
Yes I do
Old May 23rd 2013, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by liveaboard
Medal has a group health insurance deal with Allianz. No, I can't prove anything.
All I can say is that we are members of AFPOP, and this is why. I believe it's a much better deal than they [Allianz] would give to an individual, but no, I can't prove that either.
The health cover has been working well for us so far; they have paid our claims without any complexities.
I like being part of AFPOP because if I do have a large insurance claim I'm more than just one customer. Being part of a group gives extra clout.
Sorry if I came across as patronizing asking if you could "prove it", I was genuinely interested if you knew for a fact you paid less via AFPOP
Old May 23rd 2013, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Do you sell insurance?
Just a thought.. you never meant that as if to say I am asking this to benifit myself?

Just in case you did, I don't live anywhere near the Algarve and during the several years I have used this site, never once tried to advertise or get a customer through here! I have helped someone out with problems they had, no charge... just cause thats the kind of guy I am

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.