Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Adding NHR activities AFTER NHR has been granted?

Adding NHR activities AFTER NHR has been granted?

Old Sep 24th 2019, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Ninmurai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adding NHR activities AFTER NHR has been granted?

Does anyone here have first-hand experience of adding a high-value activity after NHR has been granted? I am still on code 888 (no activities) but having received a letter from my first IRS return, I have been told by the authorities to add an activity on there so that my foreign, qualifying activities are exempted, otherwise I’m taxed an additional amount as if I didn’t have NHR.

I was under the impression that having ‘activities’ meant that I was self-employed which I am not, hence me not adding it in the first place.

I imagine the proof I have will be sufficient - Chartered Engineer in UK and Ordem dos Engenheiros in Portugal, it’s just the online system to request adding activities doesn’t appear to specify adding towards my NHR. I am aware that at some point I have to send the evidence down to their Lisbon central Office.

Thanks in advance!