Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

A22 Toll Road 15th April

A22 Toll Road 15th April

Old Dec 24th 2011, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: A22 Toll Road 15th April

GNR doing 24 hour coverage of gantries at the moment.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of
Default Re: A22 Toll Road 15th April

Very cost effective to use the GNR. What they saved on manually operated tolls they spend on overtime for the GNR. Logical
Joao
Old Dec 26th 2011, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joao
Very cost effective to use the GNR. What they saved on manually operated tolls they spend on overtime for the GNR. Logical
Joao
I think you will find The GNR are having to PAY the Tolls to get on to the A22
This is causing a lot of bad feelings as you can imagine
Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: A22 Toll Road 15th April

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Would it be possible to

1 buy a transponder
2. Not link to numberplate
3. Bring the bloody thing with me each time and use it when I rent cars (i.e each one with different numbers)
4. Have the payments through Direct debit to a SPANISH account via SEPA.

I dont expect the rental companies to accept this - but it may make it easier for us RENTERS (the ones that bring loadsadosh into the country and have been forgotten in this wonderful new system..... where can I get a shotgun!!)

We still will have to leave a 'blank cheque' via an open credit card bill.... + all the other problems mentioned earlier aaaaaaaargh!!
1)Yes. 2)Yes. 3)Yes. So long as it is not a Portuguese plate (that is possible but it is supposed to be for car dealers) 4)Still working on that one won't know till I try and that will be before you come so you will be the first to know. For now best to fly into Sevilla and get a Spanish plated car then we can sort it. No snow in Kent this year hard luck. Warmest Christmas for many years but still only half Esuri temps, cold at nights though 4' so best to have a leccy blanket for 30 mins before bed.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 5:54 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
1)Yes. 2)Yes. 3)Yes. So long as it is not a Portuguese plate (that is possible but it is supposed to be for car dealers) 4)Still working on that one won't know till I try and that will be before you come so you will be the first to know. For now best to fly into Sevilla and get a Spanish plated car then we can sort it. No snow in Kent this year hard luck. Warmest Christmas for many years but still only half Esuri temps, cold at nights though 4' so best to have a leccy blanket for 30 mins before bed.
Hi John

I hope the highlighted text above applies to Car rental companies as well and there is a system for the thousands that come to Faro each year (but doubt it).

Too late for me I booked my flightsto Faro and am renting there - so will be in the thick of it.... like everyone else.

Its crazy for Portugese business that many people will go to Seville and rent there as a result of the tolls.

THANKS for the help ........... and bring that leccy blanket with you as its cold in Esuri in Jan ('but in my heart it spring' )

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Jon
Old Dec 27th 2011, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ingles
I think you will find The GNR are having to PAY the Tolls to get on to the A22
This is causing a lot of bad feelings as you can imagine
If this is true, what nonsense. The police, a government agency having to pay another government agency to patrol the motorway.

Surely even the politicians can't be that stupid.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bejaboz
If this is true, what nonsense. The police, a government agency having to pay another government agency to patrol the motorway.

Are you sure the toll agent is a government department and not outsourced as they are in the UK - and most other countries?
Old Dec 27th 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Are you sure the toll agent is a government department and not outsourced as they are in the UK - and most other countries?
Only the government can cock it up like this, a private company would have made it work months ago
Joao
Old Dec 27th 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

PT Press reported today that Traffic Volume on the antique Scuts around Porto & the Silver Coasts - is down 40%
Nothing reported on A22 as I think it's early day's
Out come:- The Gov have to Compensate as agreed in there Contracts the Companies who have the concession's.
One day the wheel of life will get a puncture !
Old Dec 28th 2011, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bejaboz

It is true as it was on the TV & the PT Press printed it
Yes Politicians are that stupid , they are now looking for a way to reimburse the GNR !
Old Dec 28th 2011, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Even if outsourced, surely it's not beyond the wit of even the PT politicians and the concessionaire of the tolls to recognise police vehicles and exclude them from a charge and therefore less of an administrative burden on the toll company and the government bodies concerned to identify any police charges and pay them.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 2:48 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anna58
So when do you think the next lot of free trips will begin?
I read that free trips for locals will be scrapped in 2012. June I think.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 6:37 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
I read that free trips for locals will be scrapped in 2012. June I think.
FANTASTIC NEWS - GREAT FIRST STEP

http://algarvedailynews.com/news/591...l-its-official