3 weeks Car Hire

Old Sep 27th 2008, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really nice
Default 3 weeks Car Hire

We need for December 3 weeks car hire, and cost is damn hire, partly because of the EUR 120+ the companies want for the CDW. Any smart solutions for this - like an annual fee to an insurer for CDW upto say EUR 700 initial cover ?? Suggestions or pointers appreciated. Ant
Old Sep 27th 2008, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 3 weeks Car Hire

I use http://www.worldwideinsure.com/car-h...l&partner=null
I have never made a claim so I don't what they are like.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really nice

OK, looks good. EUR 39 for year of cover when abroad. Many thanks
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brodev
I use http://www.worldwideinsure.com/car-h...l&partner=null
I have never made a claim so I don't what they are like.
With this insurance we were told that you still had to pay the excess for the CDW is this correct.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Hettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Ant
We need for December 3 weeks car hire, and cost is damn hire, partly because of the EUR 120+ the companies want for the CDW. Any smart solutions for this - like an annual fee to an insurer for CDW upto say EUR 700 initial cover ?? Suggestions or pointers appreciated. Ant
We use these but have never claimed.

http://www.insurance4carhire.com
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Location: Chesterfield - Derbyshire & Cabanas as often as possible!
Golfister is an unknown quantity at this point

BigAnt - have you been able to find a company that will rent a car without paying the CDW? We have an annual excess policy so that has that covered, but I don't think I've ever seen a quote where the CDW is mentioned separately from the actual rate (or am I just blind?). We are here for 4 weeks and had the same problem when we were booking our car. Found very little benefit for getting a "long term" booking.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

we used this one last time, they only took a print of are card for the CDW. did not take the money,
we spoke to a rep on the phone before booking to confirm there was no hidden extra's when we got there.
the web was www.Allincarhire.co.uk:)
Old Sep 28th 2008, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there

There are two companies we have used who do not charge CDW

Luzcar and Drive 4 Fun-

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Titleist
With this insurance we were told that you still had to pay the excess for the CDW is this correct.
This is CDW excess insurance so the answer is no. perhaps the insurance you had was from the same company but a different insurance.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

The following company gives the option of full inclusive insurance or not
http://www.carhirealgarve.net/index.php.
They also appear to be very reasonable. I have used them. I had an air conditioned 4 door Hyundai Getz for 2 weeks in Aug for 270 euros (without CDW)