Reload this Page >

2nd hand car sales dealer required - need to buy a car ASAP

2nd hand car sales dealer required - need to buy a car ASAP

Old Jan 1st 2020, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Helen248 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2nd hand car sales dealer required - need to buy a car ASAP

Hi,

We made our permanent move to Portugal yesterday and started the new year here - exciting times.

Desperately trying to find a car sales 2nd hand dealer near to Arganil, Coimbra or even as far as Porto.

Hire car has to go back Saturday and we are dedicating Friday to view cars.

I have had a look on StandVirtual but can't find much within our budget of 3000-4000 euros.

Don't mind what it is as long as it is reliable.

Want a car sales not a private seller as hoping for at least a 3 month warranty and don't want hassle of buying a car only to find out it has finance on it as I've heard the buyer is then liable for the finance. Still learning Portuguese so easier for us to buy from a reliable dealer.

Any help suggesting car sales dealers would be great.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd hand car sales dealer required - need to buy a car ASAP

If you buy from a dealer you're entitled to a 12 month guarantee but some dealers honour it better than others & as a rule of thumb, branded dealers are more likely to honour it best.

One dealer to avoid in Coimbra is Seven Sport in Condeixa a Nova on the outskirts of Coimbra.......... I bought from them & had endless trouble with them.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Lelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant future

Try Custo Justo, the cars listed under "Professionals" may be smaller dealerships or individuals who sell frequently;

https://www.custojusto.pt/coimbra/ca...&o=1&pe=5&ps=4
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 9:13 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helen248
Hi,

We made our permanent move to Portugal yesterday and started the new year here - exciting times.

Desperately trying to find a car sales 2nd hand dealer near to Arganil, Coimbra or even as far as Porto.

Hire car has to go back Saturday and we are dedicating Friday to view cars.

I have had a look on StandVirtual but can't find much within our budget of 3000-4000 euros.

Don't mind what it is as long as it is reliable.

Want a car sales not a private seller as hoping for at least a 3 month warranty and don't want hassle of buying a car only to find out it has finance on it as I've heard the buyer is then liable for the finance. Still learning Portuguese so easier for us to buy from a reliable dealer.

Any help suggesting car sales dealers would be great.
Second-hand cars are very expensive in Portugal. For that kind of money, you are probably looking at a basic, small car over 10 years old.
Due to the need to offer a warranty, few dealers will touch them..... which is why you're finding it difficult.

Hire cars are cheap at this time of year - I suggest you look onlne and book one for as long as possible to give you time to track something down - and also buy excess inurance online as you'll get annual cover for £60 or so.

Last edited by macliam; Jan 2nd 2020 at 9:29 am.