Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

27 year old Experianced Business Graduate looking for job in Lisbon

27 year old Experianced Business Graduate looking for job in Lisbon

Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:47 am
Just Joined

kate1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 27 year old Experianced Business Graduate looking for job in Lisbon

Hi I am a 27-year-old Business Graduate with various sales, marketing, research, and customer service experience looking for a full time position in Lisbon.
I have searched usual job sites and have e-mailed companies directly but to no avail.
Would welcome any advice or job offers more than welcome

Many thanks
Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:04 am
Banned

Prodigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant future
Default Re: 27 year old Experianced Business Graduate looking for job in Lisbon

Originally Posted by kate1980
Hi I am a 27-year-old Business Graduate with various sales, marketing, research, and customer service experience looking for a full time position in Lisbon.
I have searched usual job sites and have e-mailed companies directly but to no avail.
Would welcome any advice or job offers more than welcome

Many thanks
Ola Kate!

Welcome to the forum. Do you speak portuguese? Why Lisbon? What is your personal experience of Portugal? Tell us a bit about your reasons.

Boa sorte!..
Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: 27 year old Experianced Business Graduate looking for job in Lisbon

Hiya,
Why Lisbon.. well lived there before.. I have friends there and accommodation.
I speak minimal Portuguese (can order a beer or a train ticket) but understand far more than I can speak. I do want to learn!

I am currently back in the UK purely due to finances. Although I was working in Portugal before I was subsidising myself with my savings and there is only so long you can do that for.
So now I want to get a 'proper' job in Portugal.. Although I am a business grad I will turn my hand to anything.. Just along as it means I can afford to live and learn to speak the language.
I don’t want this to be a 5-minute wonder but truly want to lay the foundations to make it a full time life style.

I hope that’s the sort of thing your after.. I am fed up with struggling alone on this so think there must be a better way about going about it!

Any advice would really be appreciated: thumbsup:

Cheers

Kate
Old Aug 27th 2007, 12:26 pm
Banned

Prodigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant future

Kate[/QUOTE]
Ola again Kate!

Although you have a degree, in Portugal it is very difficult do find a job without contacts! Having said that it is not impossible! As a strategy you would ideally find a job here that would take you to Portugal! Have you tried Hays?
Registering with portuguese agencies is, in my experience, useless unless you are already in the country.
Making a list of multinationals operating in Portugal should be useful to focus on those companies that would need an english speaker (such as Barclays Bank or Ericsson).

Let me know what you think?!

Desejo-lhe muito sucesso na sua procura!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Hiya,
Yes have tried hays not only have I e-mailed them personally but in replied to specific jobs.. however with no luck.
I think your right about needing to be in Portugal. Recruiters dont seem to take you seriously otherwise!
Did try Barclays a while ago but not Ericsson but I think I will have to hit them again.
Any other multinationals you would suggest?

Thanks so much for the advice
Old Aug 27th 2007, 12:51 pm
Banned

Hiya,
Yes have tried hays not only have I e-mailed them personally but in replied to specific jobs.. however with no luck.
I think your right about needing to be in Portugal. Recruiters dont seem to take you seriously otherwise!
Did try Barclays a while ago but not Ericsson but I think I will have to hit them again.
Any other multinationals you would suggest?

Thanks so much for the advice
Viva Kate!
I'll PM you some info during the week.
Ate logo...
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks your a star!!

Just applied to Ericsson!!!!

Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:04 am
Banned

Thanks your a star!!

Just applied to Ericsson!!!!

Bom dia Kate1

I have sent you a PM

Boas...
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:58 pm
Banned

Bem vindo ao forum priy001!

Just to wish you good luck with your expansion. Are you based in Portugal or in the process of moving over there? Fantastic spot you have Cascais/Estoril!

Boa sorte!

Last edited by jdr; Sep 6th 2007 at 7:29 pm. Reason: Edit out advertising
Old Sep 4th 2007, 3:03 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I love that area....soooo beautiful. My brother lives there.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 3:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Redlippie
I love that area....soooo beautiful. My brother lives there.
We used to steal my father's car (after he went to bed) and go to the clubs there!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: 27 year old Experianced Business Graduate looking for job in Lisbon

wow what an offer - this is exactly the the opportunity I could only have drempt of!: rofl:
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

oh and sorry I am in the process of moving over/back finding employment is the only thing stopping me! (quite a big thing tho!!)