Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

2020 IUC Revised for Imported Cars

2020 IUC Revised for Imported Cars

Old Dec 11th 2019, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 2020 IUC Revised for Imported Cars

This site gives me the impression that we need to wait a bit ......
Everything concerning 2020 is crossed-out: https://impostosobreveiculos.info/iu...020/#novidades
Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pilou
Everything concerning 2020 is crossed-out: https://impostosobreveiculos.info/iu...020/#novidades
As it says, "Table will be updated in the first half of December 2019" (Tabela será actualizada na primeira quinzena de Dezembro de 2019)

Hence all we are waiting for are the standard values of IUC for next year. Should be there by 16 December.......
Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diddion
As it says, "Table will be updated in the first half of December 2019"

Hence all we are waiting for are the standard values of IUC for next year. Should be there by 16 December.......
There is a word for that but it's not printable here
Old Dec 12th 2019, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

If you look hard enough it will be there now as all you need to do is work it out as the vehicle was new at year of manufacture not year of matriculation.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 6:42 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pilou
Indeed.

I take this back, with apologies for undue haste.
Originally Posted by Red Eric
It'll be spot on.
But I assume the adjustment will be appropriately minor, around the rate of inflation.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Diddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfesharne
If you look hard enough it will be there now as all you need to do is work it out as the vehicle was new at year of manufacture not year of matriculation.
Nope. At the moment all values for all tables and all years have been deleted
Old Dec 12th 2019, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. At the moment all values for all tables and all years have been deleted
That must be new as I looked a couple of weeks ago & mine was priced at €110 or so...................... If they're missing I wonder if we should be smelling a rat?

Or am I being paranoid?
Old Dec 12th 2019, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Or are you a paranoid rat?
Old Dec 12th 2019, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Or are you a paranoid rat?
Bwahahahahahaha!
Old Dec 13th 2019, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Some clarification and links.

It is cars imported from the EU that will have this reduction, as detailed in the following link: IUC 2020 changes
It also seems that this only applies to cars imported from the EU and EEC. Whilst most cars will be, I know of at least one - a beautiful big red Jeep, imported from S Africa - which was not of EU origin (however it is treated as an antique, like its owner, so has special tax treatment). This is the text translation of part of the site above:

So there are three conditions for a car to see the IUC drop in 2020 , in eliminatory order:
  • the first registration was registered in an EU country or in a European Economic Area country (EU: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czechia / Czech Republic, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands / Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom, Romania, Sweden; EEA: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway)
  • first registration in EU + EEA country of origin before 1 July 2007
  • the Portuguese registration must date from July 1, 2007
There are two special cases where IUC descent does not respect the rules described above. In these cases the reductions are not so significant and the situations are not so common.

One case is that of imported used with the date of first registration between July 1, 2007 and December 31, 2009 , and with the date of Portuguese registration with a different year from the original registration.
This drop in the IUC value is not as substantial as the cases described above, but can reach 15%.
This decrease is due to the change in the year considered in
the IUC coefficient table .

The other case is cars with CO2 emissions above 180g / km imported from 1 January 2017, but with the first registration in an EU + EEA country between 1 July 2007 and 31 December 2016, In this case they will no longer pay this
additional IUC fee (€ 29.30 or € 58.79 depending on the level).

Hence it would appear to me that cars imported from a non EU country will be subject to the IUC relevant to the year of matriculation in Portugal, as at present, and not the year of original matriculation. It will be very interesting to see whether UK vehicles will be subject to that higher tax, once the UK has dropped out of the EU and presumably the EEA, will then be subject to the higher tax rates. And even more interesting to see whether the new reductions we expect to benefit from will subsequently be withdrawn.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

UK vehicles imported into Portugal are from an EU country at the time of import; that has to be the relevant point.

That was when the transaction took place and conditions of that moment are what must apply.

I think.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

As the owner of a big red beautiful antique Jeep I should also mention that we lucky few who own vehicles listed as being of historical interest to Portugal should know rules change for them also & annual road tax exemption might be scrapped & replaced with the lower amount of tax as per the year of manufacture.

It all reminds me of the old TV comedy 'Soap' intro that said "Confused? - You will be after this episode" etc. lol!
Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Clarification on why 2020 figures crossed out. New proposal for 2020 budget is an additional tax of €500,- for diesel vehicles.

https://www.jn.pt/economia/veiculos-...ktYDAn5m7ZM0ZM

If they don't get you one way they will get you another
Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Clarification on why 2020 figures crossed out. New proposal for 2020 budget is an additional tax of €500,- for diesel vehicles.

https://www.jn.pt/economia/veiculos-...ktYDAn5m7ZM0ZM

If they don't get you one way they will get you another
I agree with the sentiment! But I think that this is the tax to be levied on the purchase of cars (ISV), and not an increase in circulation tax ( IUC). At least, I hope that is the situation here.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

I agree with the sentiment! But I think that this is the tax to be levied on the purchase of cars (ISV), and not an increase in circulation tax ( IUC). At least, I hope that is the situation here.
No it specifically says " "como forma de desincentivo à manutenção em circulação de veículos a gasóleo e de promoção da mobilidade sustentável" a manutenção do "Adicional de Imposto Único de Circulação, aplicável sobre os veículos a gasóleo enquadráveis nas categorias A e B"

As you can see it describes it as an "Extra to IUC "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.