Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

0845 - freefone numbers...??

0845 - freefone numbers...??

Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

masterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant future
Red face 0845 - freefone numbers...??

Hi There

Im hoping someone may be able to help......

I run a small business in the Uk, mainly Internet based, but some incoming telephone calls too...from clients..

I dont want people to be aware that I am not UK based...

Has anyone any experience of service providers with low cost or freefone telephone numbers( to the incoming caller) which I can give clients & recieve calls in Portugal...??
Has anyone " out there" used this type of service.....?

Thanks in advance..!

Catherine
Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:16 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 0845 - freefone numbers...??

Originally Posted by masterjoiner
Hi There

I run a small business in the Uk, mainly Internet based, but some incoming telephone calls too...from clients..

Has anyone any experience of service providers with low cost or freefone telephone numbers( to the incoming caller) which I can give clients & recieve calls in Portugal...??

Thanks in advance..!

Catherine
They do work quite well if you don't want clients to know where you are you will need a Skype out number for the uk and an inbound one.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Sibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the rough

Hi

I use a freephone number which is then routed to my SkypeIn number.

Thanks
Sarah
Old Nov 16th 2007, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

masterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant future
Cool Re: 0845 - freefone numbers...??

hi there

thanks for the speedy response....

appart from the skype.......which uk comoany could u recommend I contact for ths service...

sorry if i sound a bit of a dork...!! not quite sure how to go about this!

ta

catherine
Old Nov 16th 2007, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Sibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the rough

Hi

I originally set up my 0800 number a few years ago and used Opal, mainly because there was an offer on from Lloyds bank. We basically pay £5 per month + vat for the line rental and then calls are on top of that. But we get the first £5 worth included. Not sure how other companies compare.

Thanks
Sarah
Old Nov 16th 2007, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: 0845 - freefone numbers...??

Thanks Sarah.....
Old Nov 16th 2007, 3:38 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the front page of this site ..... you can arrange a number through BE, and it costs the caller about 4 p a minute, and you nothing!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Is that for freephone numbers though? As far as I was aware, 0845 cost are split between the user and the owner and for 0800 numbers the costs are incurred by owner entirely, which is why they are free.

Sarah
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sibs
Is that for freephone numbers though? As far as I was aware, 0845 cost are split between the user and the owner and for 0800 numbers the costs are incurred by owner entirely, which is why they are free.

Sarah
No, thats just an alternative Sarah as the numbers on this site are chargeable to the caller at 4 p a minute, they aren't free to the caller. But afaik the caller doesn't know he is calling abroad.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:31 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There

Thanks in advance..!

Catherine
This is right up your street
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:33 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Go to the front page of this site ..... you can arrange a number through BE, and it costs the caller about 4 p a minute, and you nothing!
Snap.

That will teach me for not reading the whole thread before I replied.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Paul Andre will become famous soon enoughPaul Andre will become famous soon enough

You could also take a look at uknumbers.com we used them when we were in the Algarve.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all of the responses...

lots of homework for me!!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Spudley is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all of the responses...

lots of homework for me!!
Hia. Bit late on the draw, but only just signed up, and saw your question and thought I could answer it.

My parents live in Spain and use an 0800 number from Skycom (www.skycomuk.com). I just checked on the site for call charges to portugal for you, and an 0800 number will cost you 5.5p per minute, and an 0845 number will cost you 3p per min.

My folks are very pleased with the service -- they had another provider before which had very poor quality lines, but this one seems to be quite good.

Hope that helps.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:32 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Spudley
Hia. Bit late on the draw, but only just signed up, and saw your question and thought I could answer it.

My parents live in Spain and use an 0800 number from Skycom (www.skycomuk.com). I just checked on the site for call charges to portugal for you, and an 0800 number will cost you 5.5p per minute, and an 0845 number will cost you 3p per min.

My folks are very pleased with the service -- they had another provider before which had very poor quality lines, but this one seems to be quite good.

Hope that helps.
as opposed to the 4 p a minute option offered by this site