Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Are you planning to join a police force?

Are you planning to join a police force?

Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:07 am
Just Joined

ukjim is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Are you planning to join a police force?

Hello,

For a while i've been hearing about british police moving abroad, i think its facinating, and i'm looking into making a documentary about it?

Is anyone considering it? would you be willing to chat to me about the process? and why you want to move?

I'm not planning to film anyone yet i'm just fact finding! so don't worry!

thanks
Old Dec 6th 2007, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Are you planning to join a police force?

Originally Posted by ukjim
Hello,

For a while i've been hearing about british police moving abroad, i think its facinating, and i'm looking into making a documentary about it?

Is anyone considering it? would you be willing to chat to me about the process? and why you want to move?

I'm not planning to film anyone yet i'm just fact finding! so don't worry!

thanks
Jeremy Vine came over with the BBC Panorama team during the summer and filmed former UK Police Officers who are now Police recruits in Edmonton..it was for an episode of Panorama entitled "Wasting Police Time" It was screened around Sept 16th in the UK..I had a 5 second slot on it..Do you want my autograph??
Old Dec 7th 2007, 11:09 am
Just Joined

ukjim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
Jeremy Vine came over with the BBC Panorama team during the summer and filmed former UK Police Officers who are now Police recruits in Edmonton..it was for an episode of Panorama entitled "Wasting Police Time" It was screened around Sept 16th in the UK..I had a 5 second slot on it..Do you want my autograph??

Yes I did hear about it, it sounds like the film put more Emphasis on the pressure uk cops are under, leading them to move abroad? I think this story can be told in a very positive way, have you heard of the group of British policmen sent to clean up Jamaica?
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

bishy613 is an unknown quantity at this point

have you heard of the group of British policmen sent to clean up Jamaica?
Now this sounds like a joke... I'm waiting for the punch line.
Jim, I'd love to help you but I have not even applied yet. Knowing my luck I'd probably fail and just waste your time.:curse: LOL

Pompeyboy - I still have that saved on my sky+, when i get a spare few minutes I'll play it and see if I could pick you out.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bishy613
Now this sounds like a joke... I'm waiting for the punch line.
Jim, I'd love to help you but I have not even applied yet. Knowing my luck I'd probably fail and just waste your time.:curse: LOL

Pompeyboy - I still have that saved on my sky+, when i get a spare few minutes I'll play it and see if I could pick you out.
Siting at the lunch table eating a sandwich opposite Mr Vine..I speak briefly..
Old Dec 10th 2007, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes I did hear about it, it sounds like the film put more Emphasis on the pressure uk cops are under, leading them to move abroad? I think this story can be told in a very positive way, have you heard of the group of British policmen sent to clean up Jamaica?
OK I am willing to help if required..And I dont charge a fee either..
Old Dec 11th 2007, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

bobhope is on a distinguished road

Pompeyboy you have way too much time on your hands!!!!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobhope
Pompeyboy you have way too much time on your hands!!!!
Yeah but dont tell the skipper..
Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Peter Lowestoft will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
Siting at the lunch table eating a sandwich opposite Mr Vine..I speak briefly..

Are you the one that said his reason for moving to Canada was because of the 'Ice Hockey'????
Old Dec 11th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Peter Lowestoft
Are you the one that said his reason for moving to Canada was because of the 'Ice Hockey'????
Nope..try again..
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 9:49 am
Just Joined

bishy613 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim,

Sent you a PM. Sorry for the delay.

Pompeyboy are you Mr Hunt - with the grey hair (sorry)
or Mr Hopes with the grapes in your lunchbox?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bishy613
Jim,

Sent you a PM. Sorry for the delay.

Pompeyboy are you Mr Hunt - with the grey hair (sorry)
or Mr Hopes with the grapes in your lunchbox?
The grapes..