Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Wiki on opportunities in Canada

Wiki on opportunities in Canada

Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:20 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wiki on opportunities in Canada

Hi there,

I participate in the Canada forum. With a certain degree of regularity we receive enquiries there from British police officers who are interested in relocating to Canada.

We usually refer them to this forum, but I thought it would be nice if there was a Wiki article that could answer their basic questions. With that in mind, I created a Wiki article called Police in the Canada section of the Wiki.

I've never been a police officer, and I can confidently state that I never will be a police officer. I don't pretend to know anything about police work.

Still, I figured you didn't need to be a rocket scientist to pick up on the most pertinent facts and put them into a Wiki article. I've also written Wiki articles on truck driving, the skilled trades, nursing and teaching in Canada, and I don't belong to any of those occupations either.

But, in all of those cases, people who have belonged to those occupations have kindly tidied up the articles, either by editing them directly, or by informing me of what else was needed and relying on me to make the changes.

So, anyway, I would be most appreciative if those of you with personal experience of policing in Canada, or spouses of same, would take a glance at that Wiki article, ensure that it doesn't include glaring errors, and fill in important facts that are missing.

You can develop it into a much more detailed article if you like, of course, but my agenda was to create a "quick and dirty" article that would point a person in the right direction if he/she was totally new to the topic.

Thanks for your help.
x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wiki on opportunities in Canada

Thanks for this Judy - and I've had a little play

Not that I am that authoratative on this one - but I do butt in with answers for people where I can - I'll have a think if there is anything else relevant ....
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:05 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Hi there,

I participate in the Canada forum. With a certain degree of regularity we receive enquiries there from British police officers who are interested in relocating to Canada.

We usually refer them to this forum, but I thought it would be nice if there was a Wiki article that could answer their basic questions. With that in mind, I created a Wiki article called Police in the Canada section of the Wiki.

I've never been a police officer, and I can confidently state that I never will be a police officer. I don't pretend to know anything about police work.

Still, I figured you didn't need to be a rocket scientist to pick up on the most pertinent facts and put them into a Wiki article. I've also written Wiki articles on truck driving, the skilled trades, nursing and teaching in Canada, and I don't belong to any of those occupations either.

But, in all of those cases, people who have belonged to those occupations have kindly tidied up the articles, either by editing them directly, or by informing me of what else was needed and relying on me to make the changes.

So, anyway, I would be most appreciative if those of you with personal experience of policing in Canada, or spouses of same, would take a glance at that Wiki article, ensure that it doesn't include glaring errors, and fill in important facts that are missing.

You can develop it into a much more detailed article if you like, of course, but my agenda was to create a "quick and dirty" article that would point a person in the right direction if he/she was totally new to the topic.

Thanks for your help.
x
cheer judy, don't know why i or some of the other ex brit coppers didn't think of this sooner, just downright lazy i suppose, i'll have a go over the next few days, ta rae.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:17 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Thanks, Ann. Your changes have definitely improved the text.
x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:18 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by rae
i'll have a go over the next few days, ta rae.
Thanks, Rae.
x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:25 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m

Not that I am that authoratative on this one - but I do butt in with answers for people where I can - I'll have a think if there is anything else relevant ....

when do we tell them its rubbish and we all want to go home?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
when do we tell them its rubbish and we all want to go home?