Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Who Flies when? Who Meets who at LHR?

Who Flies when? Who Meets who at LHR?

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:09 am
Banned

mrsmuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SAPOL 60: Who Flies when? Who Meets who at LHR?

Thought I'd be big and brave and start a new thread. There seems to be a lot of "when are you leaving - want to meet up" on various other msgs, so I thought it would be good to have a single point of contact.
Mr Muppet flies out on Sunday 13th March on Malaysian flight at 22.00 from LHR. If any of you our there are going same time, perhaps we can all meet up? I was thinking of having some T-shirts printed with "Im A SAPOL" on it, but that seemed a bit sad, so, it will have to be the old fashioned way of "'scuse me are you an ex copper?"

So, if you are going on 13th @ 22.00, let us know.

If you are going 14th, same applies, we can coordinate if we try hard enough!

Last edited by mrsmuppet; Feb 22nd 2005 at 9:22 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who Flies when? Who Meets who at LHR?

Originally Posted by mrsmuppet
Thought I'd be big and brave and start a new thread. There seems to be a lot of "when are you leaving - want to meet up" on various other msgs, so I thought it would be good to have a single point of contact.
Mr Muppet flies out on Sunday 13th March on Malaysian flight at 22.00 from LHR. If any of you our there are going same time, perhaps we can all meet up? I was thinking of having some T-shirts printed with "Im A SAPOL" on it, but that seemed a bit sad, so, it will have to be the old fashioned way of "'scuse me are you an ex copper?"

Geoff is, from Heathrow, 13th at 22.00, same airline. Will think of something that will single us out from the others.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by gjc38
Geoff is, from Heathrow, 13th at 22.00, same airline. Will think of something that will single us out from the others.
I suppose asking them all to wear a red rose and meet under the clock is pushing it a bit really!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

I suppose asking them all to wear a red rose and meet under the clock is pushing it a bit really!!!
Guess they'll be checking in at roughly the same time and place - do you know LHR well enough to suggest a place to congregate. That's a starting point at least - then, how about tying something small but unusual enough to be distinctive on to handbaggage (not general luggage otherwise we lose the marker once checked in! NOT a yellow ribbon though! What do you think?
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point

Mu hubbie is going out earlier as he wants to chill out before hand, go exploring - so guess he'll see you all at the Academy. Thanks though.
Nancy
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 12:31 pm
Banned

Each terminal has a "meeting point" close to the check in desks, so that would be an initial point. Im not sure which terminal it goes from, 3 I think, but my sister-in-law is ex BAA so she will be able to give me an idea of good places. I will let you know when I have spoken to her. We aim to check in about 8pmish, but will update if any chang in plan.

GOD I wish I could just sell this flamin' house!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Brilliant - will wait to hear from you then! Know the feeling re. house, ours only just went on tehmarket as we only found out G was on March intake last Friday (day b4 information day!). It's really unsettling - having no dates to go leaves you very much up in the air on everything...jobs, packing, kids/animals etc..
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

wardy64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SAPOL 60: Who Flies when? Who Meets who at LHR?

Hi all, well as I work at Heathrow you would expect me to be the font of all knowledge but I normally avoid T3 as it is one huge grief magnet

There is a one big pub Airside, so once you have checked in, turn right and follow your nose cant miss it, that would be a place to meet up! But if other halfs want to say hello to each other then meeting up in the pub on departure level is an alternative.

I am flying out 14th at 2215 Singapore Airlines along with a couple of others,
so anyone else going out at that time ?

Alan

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 5:55 pm
Banned

Never let it be said that there is never a policeman around when you need one! Along comes one from LHR!!! The landside pub sounds like a really good idea - it will give all us spouses time to meet, drink an OJ (?!?) and sob on each others shoulders!
Spoke to S-i-L and she recommends going upstairs to arrivals - more interseting places than the check in desks. I will have a think about identifying marks, how about a muppet? You can pick up small "animal"s from the Disney shop now!

If enough were interested I can research some baseball caps and send them b4 the day? How bout S.A.60? or is that too divisive?

Was kind of hoping that they could leave at last minute to go through, but security is a nighmare now, takes ages to get through, so looks like we will have to say our farewells about 8.30!

Dont know about anyone else, but Im starting to get a bit down now - all excited for propect of eventually getting there but its the inbetween bit. Kids have suddenly twigged that daddy is going away soon and they dont know when they are going to see him again.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Hi All

Feeling pretty much the same way now , the main thing is not knowing when me and the girls will see him next. The house has only been on the market for a week, but it seems like eternity.

Dawn
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

ALI & DAMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Who Flies when? Who Meets who at LHR?

We are flying out with Cathay Pacific from Heathrow on the 11th at 9pm, if anyone fancies meeting up sounds like we are going to be the advance party. I know what you mean about the house we have only just managed to sell ours but with all three of us going we are not going to have the cash when we go, so fingers crossed nothing goes wrong after we leave.

Damo and Ali. :scared:
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:42 pm
Claguey

claguey is an unknown quantity at this point

I am flying out from Manchester 20:00 on the 13th with Malaysia, No doubt the Manchester lot and the LHR lot will be on the same flight to Adelaide.

How about a little sticker on your chest/hat with SAPOL on it?

I think it will be easy to spot the SAPOL lot, we will all have big grins and a pint in our hand (well I will)

Phil.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:37 am
Banned

Well, Im off to my local office supplier to get some sticker sheets for the printer to go on the cases. If you want some, pm me with your h/a and I will post them out to you next week, in time for the 10th. T-shirts/caps good idea but intial lay out for 60 was running about £500!! :scared: So, sorry guys, stickers will have to do!