Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Western Australia Police - International Recruitment Campaign

Western Australia Police - International Recruitment Campaign

Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

bendy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Western Australia Police - International Recruitment Campaign

Sounds like we are of a similar mindset...

I'm a serving Kent officer (16 years) experienced in many different departments over the years but now on a very sucessful Community Unit (buzzword!).
I got through the SA Police recruitment but gotbinned at the last minute fue to something the docs found on my immigration medical chest x-ray! Luckily, it has at last transpired to be nothing and I too have a WA Police test date of 20th October.

I know of at least two other Kent officers who have dates and can state it's not in alphabetical order!

On the day they are giving a CD Rom with various forms etc on it. One of which is for your fitne test which you take on your Area, having got it signed by a recognised PTI/Public Order Trainer!!!!!

They have stated on the test days that all the jobs will be Metropolitan posts, (one of my mates had his test on Tuesday).

It seems a lot better organised than the SA tests, which were atrocious.

I spent February and March this year in Queensland, Victoria and NSW and was over the year before. My wife's two brothers live over there with their families and we have lots of friends all over the country. Not been to Perth but it seems better than Kent!

Life is wonderful there.

Good luck to everyone!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:00 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Smile Handler266

Hi there....Saw your thread and wonder if you can help me. were hoping to be in Perth around June time, ive just landed a job that ive wanted for ages working for Herts Police at headquaters in Communications (999 call center)....do you know if I can contact perth police and see if they would consider me for an interview doing the same thing or similar,,,,,by the time we get there I will have gone through 14 weeks of training the onhand doing to job for 6 months. Any help much appreciated. Thanks in advance dawn also can apply online?? thanks x

Last edited by Dawn; Oct 18th 2005 at 1:06 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

bendy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Handler266

Hi

No idea I'm afraid. I know from trips before that QLD and NSW handle emergency calls completely differently to us here in the UK. Kent Police have one large ommnications centre that is so badly run they exit solely on overtime PC's ( I work as many rest days as I like there, about £18k worth of OT a year!

The Aussies aren't as civilianise as we are and that's the sort of job experienced older coppers would do.

Good luck though!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:05 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Handler266

Thanks anyway, i will look into it, may have to just stick with Hairdressing!!!