Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Western Australia - Experience as a Special Police Constable?

Western Australia - Experience as a Special Police Constable?

Old May 19th 2011, 9:36 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Western Australia - Experience as a Special Police Constable?

Originally Posted by daunted
Hi guys - sorry taken so long to get back but been enjoying having my son over. He is now in the air on the way back to UK
It seems, as dreadsoc said that being a special police officer doesn't enable the transfer route but if you already have PR then can apply from the UK. No prior recognition is given in terms of entering at higher rank etc BUT the experience you have gained is gonna put you at an advantage during recruitment. Sorry for those that it means bad news too - I know how frustrating it is.
My son is one of the lucky ones having already got PR and I am a very happy mum to say that he has decided to 'go for it' and all being well will be here within 12 months doing the job he already does for free back in the UK.
Great news Daunted.

Dread - x
Old May 20th 2011, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Great news Daunted.

Dread - x
Thanks Dread - he still has to get through the recruitment process so until that is done and dusted not letting myself get too excited BUT its looking good
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

My son has heard from recruitment and will be coming back to oz for a flying visit and the recruitment process in few weeks. It is such lovely news. I hope all of you find someway to do the job you love where you want to be doing it x
Old Sep 12th 2011, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well day one at the academy all in the bag! 2 more days of assessments/interviews and then hopefully some great news to share!
Old Sep 14th 2011, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck with it all. I have just graduated from QLDPOL and I was a Firefighter in the UK.

JOHN
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

well the whole recruitment process is done and dusted - now just waiting for his start date
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 7:48 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

well the whole recruitment process is done and dusted - now just waiting for his start date
Hi Daunted

That is fantastic news, I bet you are so pleased, especially as you will have your son back living nearby now.

Please pass on my congratulations to your son, I am really pleased for you both.
:sunglasses::sunglasses:

Dread - x
Old Jan 15th 2012, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

westhamSarah is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so glad I saw this thread!

I'm in the process of joining the Special Constables in the UK but fully intend to move back to WA by the end of the year (have PR so that makes life easier!), and from reading the posts on here I feel confident about being able to transfer my experience and skills across the water - even if that does mean going through the whole recruitment process again ha ha
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by westhamSarah
I'm so glad I saw this thread!

I'm in the process of joining the Special Constables in the UK but fully intend to move back to WA by the end of the year (have PR so that makes life easier!), and from reading the posts on here I feel confident about being able to transfer my experience and skills across the water - even if that does mean going through the whole recruitment process again ha ha
Gotta be honest with you and if you already have Permanent Residency and plan on moving back by the end of the year then I really think you are wasting both yours and the Specials time!
My son has been a Special for over 4 years now and has just got his start date for WAPOL YAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!! During the recruitment process (which involved a very expensive flight over for 3 days of tests etc) it was made clear that time spent in the Specials does NOT give you any prior recognition - if you were going to be in the Specials for any length of time then you obviously have experience to help you negotiate the mine field but don't do it just because it may help you get in. HOWEVER the Special Police Constabulary to an amazing job and I take my hat off to every single one of them!
Good luck to you x
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Daunted

That is fantastic news, I bet you are so pleased, especially as you will have your son back living nearby now.

Please pass on my congratulations to your son, I am really pleased for you both.
:sunglasses::sunglasses:

Dread - x
Thanks Dreadloc 70 days to go
Old Jan 16th 2012, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

westhamSarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Gotta be honest with you and if you already have Permanent Residency and plan on moving back by the end of the year then I really think you are wasting both yours and the Specials time!
My son has been a Special for over 4 years now and has just got his start date for WAPOL YAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!! During the recruitment process (which involved a very expensive flight over for 3 days of tests etc) it was made clear that time spent in the Specials does NOT give you any prior recognition - if you were going to be in the Specials for any length of time then you obviously have experience to help you negotiate the mine field but don't do it just because it may help you get in. HOWEVER the Special Police Constabulary to an amazing job and I take my hat off to every single one of them!
Good luck to you x
I realise that there's not much point me joining the Specials with my intentions to move the Aus, although if I can do it for the rest of the year until I do move then I'd like to - not just for the experience but to be sure this is the career I want before I start trying to apply for a paid police position in Australia. And with the Olympics in London coming up, there's definitely lots of work for the police to do here!

Congratulations on your son by the way, I bet both you and him are ecstatic!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:38 pm

Hi Sarah

If you do join the Special Constabulary you will certainly get plenty of opportunity to work with the Olympics coming up - London is going to be one manic place, and you will gte to see the exciting and the less exciting parts of the job !

Daunted

Fantastic news regarding your son - please send him my best wishes in his new job

Dread - x