Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

West Midlands, England, officers applying for EPS

West Midlands, England, officers applying for EPS

Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

LisaandSteve is on a distinguished road
Default West Midlands, England, officers applying for EPS

Evening Folks,

Is anyone out their preferably within the West Midlands, England, area who is currently in the process of completing their application for Edmonton Police Service? If so, i am looking to meet up and go over the application together and support / feedback any info throughout the process...

Cheers
Steve
Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: West Midlands, England, officers applying for EPS

Steve,

My application is currently with the EPS for processing although im from the met.

My unaided eyesight wasnt quite to standard so ive got corrective surgery in a few weeks to fix that then after three months they said my application will progress onto testing, so atleast it passed the papersift.

What stage are you up to?

Ashley
Old Aug 30th 2008, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

LisaandSteve is on a distinguished road

Ashley,

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it....sorry to hear about your eyesight, however great news if you can correct it and your application proceeds!

As for myself, i am still awaiting my IQAS certificate, which should be back latest end of Sept..Fingers Crossed lol..

As soon i have this, ill send off my application...there are areas on the application for that i am unsure about, so would really like to catch up with someone who is also completing theirs, so we could help eachother...Alot of the information refers to Canadian Citizens, know what i mean?

Anyhow, i'm sure ill be fine, ill just send it and hope for the best..lol

Cheers and best of luck..

Let me know how you get on.

Steve
Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

I didnt really have a problem with the application, i cannot recall alot of info specifically relating to Canadian Citizens - feel free to send me a PM on any questions i might be able to help with.

In regards to IQAS i sent mine at the same time i sent my application, EPS have my application and IQAS will be forwarding the results to EPS, EPS are happy with that but im sure both ways will do.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Dom B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey folks, I emailed EPS this week about the IQAS thing and apparently they run together. Below is the reply i had from Edmonton Police, but basically they run together and they can't process the application until the get varification about qualifications, So if i was you Lisa or Steve, as long as you've put on the section about to inform other agencies / employer that you want edmonton Police telling that your qualifications are pucker then i'd bang your form in! That way, once they have your IQAS your form will be processed!

My Mrs is pretty much decided to give it a go so once she does my form will be going in but i do see what you mean about the "only relevant to canadians" section. I thought the same! I also didn't understand when your letters of recommendation get sent off???

I will be submitting (or working) on my form in the next week so if you have any advice / tips i'd be dead grateful!

I'm in Manchester so not too far from midlands for a meet and confer about forms etc!

Dom

.....REPLY FROM EPS... Hope it helps and Lisa or Steve, get Your Form IN!
Hi Dominic,

The IQAS is part of the application, so I would encourage you to submit the entire package at the same time as your application really won't move forward until we receive the IQAS... that said, if you wish to send us your application now with the IQAS to follow, then that's fine as well... just keep in mind we need the IQAS before we book you for testing here in Edmonton...

Reg.# 2229, Cst. Steve MINARCHI
Edmonton Police Service
Recruiting Unit
Office: (780) 421-2682
Cell: (780) 984-0264
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Boxer10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ashleyg
Steve,

My application is currently with the EPS for processing although im from the met.

My unaided eyesight wasnt quite to standard so ive got corrective surgery in a few weeks to fix that then after three months they said my application will progress onto testing, so atleast it passed the papersift.

What stage are you up to?

Ashley

Hi Ashley, I have been looking into EPS as I know a couple of colleagues who have recently joined. Can I enquire what the score was with your eyesight as I wear contacts and wonder if I am likely to have any problems right at the start.

Any info would help.

Regards
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boxer10
Hi Ashley, I have been looking into EPS as I know a couple of colleagues who have recently joined. Can I enquire what the score was with your eyesight as I wear contacts and wonder if I am likely to have any problems right at the start.

Any info would help.

Regards
My eyesight, which failed, was -3.5 (r) and -3.25 (l) - i am having surgery in a few weeks to fix it to continue my app.

Ash
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Dom B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just sorting my forms out and hoping to hand deliver them when i go out there on the 10th oct. Can i just ask where anyone has had their hearing tests done? My force Occupational Health won't do it and my doctor says i may have to go private - ouch!...