British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   WAPOL Urine Test (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/wapol-urine-test-811075/)

ECILOP Oct 3rd 2013 9:49 am

WAPOL Urine Test

As part of the final background checks for WAPOL I have to have a medical to include a urinalysis for drugs. Unfortunately my GP won't do this and neither will my OH Department. Does anyone know where you can get a urinalysis done to test for drugs?

mikelincs Oct 3rd 2013 10:39 am

Re: WAPOL Urine Test

Originally Posted by ECILOP (Post 10928802)
As part of the final background checks for WAPOL I have to have a medical to include a urinalysis for drugs. Unfortunately my GP won't do this and neither will my OH Department. Does anyone know where you can get a urinalysis done to test for drugs?

Try ringing your local hospital pathology department, they may well be able to help. When I worked in the UK in one, one of my responsibilities was collecting samples, and testing them for local employers. We were able to fulfil all the legal requirements. There will be a charge, and even if they do not do them locally, they should be able to direct you to the correct place.

PaqMusic Oct 3rd 2013 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by ECILOP (Post 10928802)

There was a thread somewhere that someone bought a 10 drugs tester online from a medical website and took it to his doctor who performed the test. I asked my doctor about this and he said that he can certainly do that once I know I have gone through (see what I did there? - positive thinking :) ) he can then stamp the card that it's all negative. I don't remember the website but look on police-forum.com I think I saw it there. Ask your gp, if he's not willing find another one.

Good luck

ECILOP Oct 3rd 2013 7:04 pm

I've spoken to my GP and it would appear as that's the only way I'll be able to get the test done. You can purchase an approved drug testing kit for around £10. My GP is prepared to administer the test but I've had to contact recruitment to see if they would accept this.

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any other way of doing it. My OH Department have said they can't help although I know it's more a case of they won't help.

Dinger Bell Oct 3rd 2013 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by ECILOP (Post 10929473)
I've spoken to my GP and it would appear as that's the only way I'll be able to get the test done. You can purchase an approved drug testing kit for around £10. My GP is prepared to administer the test but I've had to contact recruitment to see if they would accept this.

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any other way of doing it. My OH Department have said they can't help although I know it's more a case of they won't help.

You could try your nearest private hospital such as the one you will attend for your visa medical. They're in it for money so I think they will do that for a cost.

PaqMusic Oct 3rd 2013 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by ECILOP (Post 10929473)

Hello, so you say you contacted the recruitment about it? What did they say? Did they allow you use the self bought kit which was then administered by your GP?

Regards

ECILOP Oct 3rd 2013 8:16 pm

I only contacted them a couple of hours ago so I'm still waiting for a response.

PaqMusic Oct 3rd 2013 8:21 pm

Cool, I shall await the response eagerly, and I bet many people on here as well.

Many thanks