WAPOL/SAPOL Recruitment?

Old Jul 25th 2017, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WAPOL/SAPOL Recruitment?

Hi Amy,

Unless you can get p.r through your partner, there's very little hope of Wapol or Sapol running any international recruitment drives anytime soon to sponsor you.

Jim
Old Jul 28th 2017, 11:00 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure on SA budget but can almost guarantee that WA cannot sponsor for few years without public backsplash, give that the WAPOL is at the moment their own battles for pay increase
Old Jul 31st 2017, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Johnny36 is an unknown quantity at this point

WA police are recruiting locally aren't they though? What would be the issue in running an international campaign? They aren't recruiting international officers OVER local recruits
Old Aug 1st 2017, 12:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnny36
WA police are recruiting locally aren't they though? What would be the issue in running an international campaign? They aren't recruiting international officers OVER local recruits
Sponsoring costs $$ and no police service can currently afford to spend them sponsoring people from offshore when there are candidates already onshore.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

True. I see your point. It's a shame WA don't ask the international officers to fork out these fees, I'm sure many would be happy to
Old Aug 1st 2017, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

ianmcdoh is an unknown quantity at this point

If they did what would the fees cost?
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 12:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnny36
True. I see your point. It's a shame WA don't ask the international officers to fork out these fees, I'm sure many would be happy to
Probably not that simple though - it wouldn't just be one fee per application, there would be the fee for the Police Service to register to sponsor in the first place, as well as fees per application. Then you also have issues with testing to establish levels of entry, testing centres to ascertain fitness etc - have a look at previous threads in this forum and you will see some of the info about the testing centres.
Also I'm not even sure that under current DIBP rules they can ask the candidate to contribute - certainly for 457s the company is obliged to pay.

And it all makes for complications and expense in referee checks, security checks etc - and at the bottom of it all, why should they do it if there are Aussies that want the jobs?

(not necessarily my view on police recruitment btw. just facts!)

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 2nd 2017 at 12:37 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

In that sense it defo makes sense just to recruit locally then! Never considered all of that. Cheers for the info.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we just have to accept there will be no international recruitment in this day and age. It's been 3 years since WAPOL recruited.

If you can get your pr on your own you'll have no issues.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Yes think this is realistically the only way. Cheers Jim
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

And thats basically impossible for all of us
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Bermuda and Cayman Islands seem to be the only ones still recruiting now and again, cost of living very high thou and think they only offer rolling 5 year contracts.

You could try Canada with the points system, police officer is on the list.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

I've never grasped the points system for canada! UN duty is the only possible option for me now!
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Royal Cayman islands police now recruiting for experienced Constables if that floats your boat! Police oracle jobs
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:29 am
Just Joined

I'm ashamed to say I had to Google where that was! That would certainly be a different experience!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.