WAPOL/SAPOL Recruitment?

Old Feb 5th 2017, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Saxon89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL/SAPOL Recruitment?

The union is begging for 1000 new officers over the next couple years, state elextion is up in March I think so if the different parties both promise to deliver even 500 I can't see them picking up 500 yobbos from Perth.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Rudders34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saxon89
The union is begging for 1000 new officers over the next couple years, state elextion is up in March I think so if the different parties both promise to deliver even 500 I can't see them picking up 500 yobbos from Perth.

Fingers crossed. Didn't apply back in 2014 which was possibly one of the last? Would love to get out there!

My partner is a cop also so I cant forsee any other way of getting out there. Fair play to Chipppsss though a lot of hard work and determination #WellDone
Old Mar 4th 2017, 9:58 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxon89
Liberals just announced yesterday that should they win power, they'll stick to population per police ratio and will not give an inch to the union.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 10:16 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
Liberals just announced yesterday that should they win power, they'll stick to population per police ratio and will not give an inch to the union.
Both major parties have now announced that police numbers will not be increased.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

adamh1211 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: WAPOL/SAPOL Recruitment?

Originally Posted by Chippsss
Dorothy - thanks for your input / opinions and apparant in depth knowledge of my visa application ??? I'm living in WA having obtained a visa using my policing work and was just trying to offer others some hope that there are ways to still get here . I don't feel my post is misleading .

For the interested people above :-

One of my policing roles was a community officer / sector officer . I completed many projects / operations as part of my work - drug operations / dangerous dog operations , all the usual stuff we do all the time in this role . I ran crime prevention initiatives / programmes etc etc

I applied for a skilled state sponsored 190 visa as a Project and Programme administrator but specified in my skills assessment ( community police officer ) . Looking at the competencies for the Project and Prog officer it was very easy to evidence what they required . Skills assessment passed first time.

My problem at the time was this nominated job needed a qualification equivalent to an Aussie Diploma . After many months of trying to find out what UK qualifications would be sufficient and getting conflicting advice I started a policing degree but struggled with it and home life / work life / kids so pulled out of it .

I then contacted an Aussie college and discovered I could evidence a Aussie diploma in Management . I provided very detailed examples of my work across my whole policing career , acting up as skipper / Intel work / response work / training printouts / Ncalt certs ( I did lots of extra Ncalts in my own time to boost my evidence ! )
Think of it as writing your PDR examples saying how wonderful you are ! I Obtained permission from work to send my work examples abroad with all details of people removed obviously .
It took me 3 months scanning and writing every night from home .
My assessor passed me on all the modules with no actual studying needed as I provided such clear and detailed examples . He made specific comment on my organised approach and high quality of work . I now hold an Australian diploma of management recognised as a formal Aussie qualification . If you fall short on any modules you can pay to distance study to make up that module but thankfully I did it all from Recogntion of prior learning .

All of this submitted to DIAC and visa obtained for me / my wife and 2 kids .

Rules change all the time and I did hear a rumour that 190 visas are now granted only with a job offer and I can't comment on this as I read up on everything for my visa process but that was 3 years ago .

I know how important it is for people to realise their dream of getting here so would not deliberately write misleading posts . Just trying to help !

Good luck to you all .

Hi Chippsss,

Just reading through your post, I'm currently going through exactly the same process as you describe above. Been serving in London for the past 8 years now and keen to get my ass out to Oz. I have applied for the state nominated visa for police officer however, which as you've rightly stated, requires 80 points for that visa application invite. I am 5 points short and was hoping you could give me some advice? My EOI is currently in situ and interested in how you went about gaining the Australian qualification you speak of, i.e. what institute you contacted etc.

I'd really appreciate it if you got bad to me as I'm almost over the finish line and just need a bit of help. Please feel free to PM me.

Many thanks

Adam
Old Apr 26th 2017, 10:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamh1211
Hi Chippsss,

Just reading through your post, I'm currently going through exactly the same process as you describe above. Been serving in London for the past 8 years now and keen to get my ass out to Oz. I have applied for the state nominated visa for police officer however, which as you've rightly stated, requires 80 points for that visa application invite. I am 5 points short and was hoping you could give me some advice? My EOI is currently in situ and interested in how you went about gaining the Australian qualification you speak of, i.e. what institute you contacted etc.

I'd really appreciate it if you got bad to me as I'm almost over the finish line and just need a bit of help. Please feel free to PM me.

Many thanks

Adam
Which state and visa class are yo trying for? And have you checked that Police Officer is stilleligible after this week's changes?
Old May 2nd 2017, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi Pollyanna,

It is South Australia I am applying to.
Old May 2nd 2017, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi Pollyanna,

It is South Australia I am applying to.
Also, having just checked police officer is still on there
Old May 4th 2017, 12:16 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Also, having just checked police officer is still on there
You are aware that the high points threshold increased to 85 points I hope - High Points

I also cannot see police officer on the state list - are you sure it's there?
Old May 13th 2017, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it's off again!
Old May 13th 2017, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

ianmcdoh is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats off again?
Old May 13th 2017, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Police officer is off the supplementary skills list for south australia. It was on and you could get state sponsorship if you had 80 high points ( now looking 85 also)
Old May 31st 2017, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Is this the end of Wapol and Sapol recruiting from the UK now police officer is off the short term skills shortage list STSOL (old csol list)???
Old Jun 1st 2017, 11:12 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

I seriously doubt WAPOL will recruit in anytime near future, given that state is pretty broke and already denied extra local officers request. They'd have hard time explaining us tax payers why pay more for overseas when plenty of locals are unemployed and able.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Amy11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Brand new to this, I'm a Met officer and really keen to relocate to Aus (anywhere).

Any advise would be amazing !

Amy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.