WAPOL/SAPOL Recruitment?

Old Oct 27th 2015, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Prattles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WAPOL/SAPOL Recruitment?

Hello Expats,
I'm desperate to get out to Australia and join my old colleagues in Perth or Adelaide.

Does anyone on the other side of the world know when they'll be recruiting internationally again.

Kind regards

Martin
Old Oct 29th 2015, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

stuartt0908 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL/SAPOL Recruitment?

Martin,

I'm in the same situation as yourself, waiting for another overseas campaign so that I can put an application in.

There was a Twitter comment a while back from one of the bosses at WAPOL along the lines of that he didn't foresee the need to recruit internationally as there were plenty of able local applicants. SAPOL have not recruited from the UK for a few years now.

The long and short of it is that I have no idea if or when they will recruit again, but thought I would reply with what I do know as I saw your question had been unanswered for a few days, and know how frustrating that is!

Regards,

ST
Old Nov 2nd 2015, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Prattles is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ST,
Looks like we'll just have to wait it out. Just wish they would give us some indication as to whether they will or won't be looking internationally again.

Fingers crossed for the future.

Martin
Old Nov 2nd 2015, 10:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Going by the past few years, the police keep their cards pretty close to their chests, and until there is a big announcement from one state I doubt there will be anything concrete.

There are waiting lists to join in most, if not all, states these days, so as with paramedics there is less need to sponsor transferees from abroad. Its just cheaper and easier to get Aussies into the job.

One thing I'm fairly sure of is that if and when there is another recruiting drive it'll be posted on here. I'm sure some of the successgul posters from previous campaigns will post if they hear anything
Old Nov 7th 2015, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Posted this in another thread
Old Nov 7th 2015, 10:27 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

They've just done a massive local recruit drive (and are now running a horse recruitment drive )if the got enough local candidates, unlikely they would do an international one.
Old Jan 15th 2016, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

A little thread bump. I've been checking all the usual outlets for info fairly regularly, but all seems very quiet. It appears that recruiting is progressing fine with enough local recruits meaning little or no requirement to look to the UK. Anyone heard rumour of anything of any possible international campaigns?
Old Jan 15th 2016, 12:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foggy balla
A little thread bump. I've been checking all the usual outlets for info fairly regularly, but all seems very quiet. It appears that recruiting is progressing fine with enough local recruits meaning little or no requirement to look to the UK. Anyone heard rumour of anything of any possible international campaigns?
Just the opposite I'm afraid, keep hearing how there are plenty of onshre applicants.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Cls601 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I emailed them direct last week and they said they have "no plans at this stage" for an international campaign but from what I've heard they have said that in the past and then launched one soon after so not much help really!
Old Feb 11th 2016, 10:02 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

In current state climate (WA being broke), I wouldn't expect and international drive for a year or two atleast or they'd have us taxpayers to answer to.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by teza
In current state climate (WA being broke), I wouldn't expect and international drive for a year or two atleast or they'd have us taxpayers to answer to.
Fair point teza! Thanks for posting, it's good to get a feel for local opinion.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 11:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
Current hiring freeze in WA gov't until 30 June so I wouldn't expect anything until at least then. Even then there's all the permanent staff who've been displaced that they need to find jobs for before hiring from outside.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Current hiring freeze in WA gov't until 30 June so I wouldn't expect anything until at least then. Even then there's all the permanent staff who've been displaced that they need to find jobs for before hiring from outside.
I heard about that Dorothy but did I read that police and teachers are exempt from the freeze? (Not internationally, just within WA).
Old Apr 12th 2016, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

jgibbo83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone heard any news on WA or SA recruiting anytime soon??
Old Apr 12th 2016, 2:20 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jgibbo83
Has anyone heard any news on WA or SA recruiting anytime soon??
As many have already said, they have sufficient recruits locally, so are unlikely, in the forseeable future, to recruit internationally

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.