Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Old Apr 13th 2014, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

stuartt0908 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Thanks for that, a far higher attrition rate than I had imagined to be honest. Food for thought.

Stu.

Last edited by stuartt0908; Apr 13th 2014 at 6:55 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Good morning all,

I'm absolutely gutted to be the 1st on, and to be telling you all that I've just had an email saying I have been unsuccessful.

Good luck to all if you who got through.

Stu.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:09 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuartt0908
Good morning all,

I'm absolutely gutted to be the 1st on, and to be telling you all that I've just had an email saying I have been unsuccessful.

Stu.
Most people have been posting on the results thread Stu
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Where do I find that please Sparkles?

Stu.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:21 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Where do I find that please Sparkles?

Stu.
If you scroll to the top of the page and click on where it says Police, that will take you out of this thread and into the police section, and you should be able to see all the thread titles

(or just click here for the thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831085 )
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning all,

Stu.

So sorry mate
Old Apr 20th 2014, 12:12 am
Just Joined

Morgs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sect172
Hi all, just found this forum. I've got 9 years in this month and have submitted my application to wapol after contemplating it for a number of years.

Currently a sgt, hoping I have evidenced enough operational experience, though I think I have! Like a lot of people here I keep checking my email hoping for something positive... Can't be long now, one way or the other.

Good luck to all and I look forward to hearing some good news stories here soon!
Sect172 - did you get through?
Old May 6th 2014, 10:05 am
Just Joined

chris84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to everyone! My partner and I fly out in august and start on the October intake
Old May 8th 2014, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck to all of you
Old Jul 7th 2014, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

BritJitsuka is an unknown quantity at this point

Afternoon all. I have been a member since 2008 but re-registered under an anonymous username following my wish to 'defect' becoming more public under my ill-advised identifiable username, than I wished...

I missed the boat by a matter of days this year - next year will be my last chance to apply before hitting the 10yr watershed.

Is it fair to say that Wapol usually recruit Brits in the first quarter of the year?his seems to be the case in previous years...does anybody in the know have any idea whether they will recruit again in 2015?

All digits crossed, and thanks in advance!
Old Jul 8th 2014, 11:04 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritJitsuka
Afternoon all. I have been a member since 2008 but re-registered under an anonymous username following my wish to 'defect' becoming more public under my ill-advised identifiable username, than I wished...

I missed the boat by a matter of days this year - next year will be my last chance to apply before hitting the 10yr watershed.

Is it fair to say that Wapol usually recruit Brits in the first quarter of the year?his seems to be the case in previous years...does anybody in the know have any idea whether they will recruit again in 2015?

All digits crossed, and thanks in advance!
Hope to your sake it works out but few words of warning, WAPOL doesn't recruit annually, 2 yrs in a row is quite surprising and federal and state budget cuts may effect this as well when and if the new budget has passed the senate.

2nd, if I recall correctly, last years recruitment had 7yr service as upper mark, not ten years. As said, I hope it works out for you but just cautioning not to expect it!
Old Jul 9th 2014, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

john in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I received the Official Response from WAPOL that currently there is no Recruitment in 2015 as this is subject to the WA Govt making a decision to do so.

In other words regardless of whether they will or not until WA Govt gives the nod to go ahead then they will continue to officially state the above :-)

Your other option is simply to gain PR somehow and apply as a normal person for a normal intake. Obviously you have to get PR somehow first :-)

I hope this helps Cheers John

Last edited by john in oz; Jul 9th 2014 at 3:42 am. Reason: typo
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:21 am
Just Joined

michelle782003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Came across your thread. Hubby has 6 years service. So can he apply with WA? (Just checking if still recruiting). It would be a sponsored visa?
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by michelle782003
Hi! Came across your thread. Hubby has 6 years service. So can he apply with WA? (Just checking if still recruiting). It would be a sponsored visa?
Not at the moment - they are in the middle of their current recruitment, and as you can see in the post before yours, there are no plans to recruit internationally next year.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:52 am
Just Joined

michelle782003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bugger! Hmmm. That means he will be over his 7 years service once next recruitment drive comes into play again. Anyone know if you can have a career break from the UK and apply as a aus resident over there (obviously would have to get another job first)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.