Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Old Apr 12th 2014, 10:38 am
Just Joined... In 2011!

martinrobinson1490 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Originally Posted by Departie
Hi there, new to this forum! I have applied for the transfer but still not heard anything back yet, has anyone got any reply?

I have 7 years with GMP mainly on response, anyone else from GMP?

My supervision haven't had any emails asking for reference's yet, anybody else in the same boat?

Ta very much!
Im in the same boat. Five years with northumbria and my supervision haven't been contacted at this stage. Before NORPOL i worked GMP as CSO in L division.

I will be straight on here if I hear anything

Martin
Old Apr 12th 2014, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

stuartt0908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here too, coming on 4 years with PSoS, no email and no contact with supervisors for supporting info/references.

Will post on here as soon as I hear either way.

Stu.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 12:53 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

They won't ask for references unless you pass the interview.
it could be a good while yet before you hear anything. They've alot of applications to sift through.
work on your patience. Believe me you'll need it!
Old Apr 12th 2014, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pincher
They won't ask for references unless you pass the interview.
it could be a good while yet before you hear anything. They've alot of applications to sift through.
work on your patience. Believe me you'll need it!
The automated reply email said we would hear before the 20th April Pincher, so am hoping thats the case. Hopefully need to get flights or train tickets booked for the PEE!

Stu.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Departie is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have any idea how many officers are being recruited?
Old Apr 13th 2014, 8:29 am
Just Joined... In 2011!

Originally Posted by Departie
Anyone have any idea how many officers are being recruited?
Old Apr 13th 2014, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Doesnt sound like many! A heard from a friend who transfered over on the last intake and there were 1000's of applicants apparently
Old Apr 13th 2014, 10:21 am
Just Joined... In 2011!

Old Apr 13th 2014, 10:27 am
Just Joined... In 2011!

Stay positive. I think we will all hear within the next 5 days. Surely recruitment wont work weekends.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 10:30 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinrobinson1490
Stay positive. I think we will all hear within the next 5 days. Surely recruitment wont work weekends.
I think last year that they may have been working Saturdays - but this year's dates are on the Easter weekend so less likely to be working.

What I would say is whatever will be will be - fretting doesn't change anything - but what you can change is your fitness, rusty maths skills, etc - I know that people fell at those hurdles last year so maybe work on the things you can do something about and if you keep busy the time will go faster
Old Apr 13th 2014, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Sect172 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, just found this forum. I've got 9 years in this month and have submitted my application to wapol after contemplating it for a number of years.

Currently a sgt, hoping I have evidenced enough operational experience, though I think I have! Like a lot of people here I keep checking my email hoping for something positive... Can't be long now, one way or the other.

Good luck to all and I look forward to hearing some good news stories here soon!
Old Apr 13th 2014, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Is that all?!? Wow gonna be competative then! Anyone else applied from Greater Manchester Police?
Old Apr 13th 2014, 5:54 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Very, very competitive. Of those applicants which make it to the next stage, only 1 in 6 get through to the interview.
Plus they're still getting plenty of Australian applicants too.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pincher
Very, very competitive. Of those applicants which make it to the next stage, only 1 in 6 get through to the interview.
Plus they're still getting plenty of Australian applicants too.
Hi Pincher,

If the next stage is the PEE, fitness, then interview does that mean that you are saying 5 from 6 fail either PEE or fitness?

Thanks,

Stu.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 6:35 pm
Almost there...

I feel like I'm unnecessarily adding to the worry. I should quantify the statement by emphasising that it's what recruitment told me regarding applicants, both transitional and recruits, which attended testing at Perth; only 1 in 6 make it through the process to the final interview. How it's broken down through PEE, physical and pscyc' tests I couldn't say.

Last edited by Pincher; Apr 13th 2014 at 7:02 pm. Reason: Clarification.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.