Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Old Apr 3rd 2014, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Dunc2104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Hi,
Yeah I checked the junk folder prior to re-submitting the application. I have now received the notification stating that my application has been received.
Thanks for the help
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Tigre is an unknown quantity at this point

No worries dude x
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Hi folks, just been looking through some of the earlier posts regarding the notification email once the application has been submitted. This is what I received back.. This is an automatically generated delivery status notification. Your message has been successfully relented to the following recipient.
There is no mention of the Police or the 20th April like most people have had. Should I be concerned??
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Silverman2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dunc, this is what I received:

Thank you for your interest in applying for WA Police as an international transitional officer.

If you have applied for a position as a WA Police Officer, we have received your application and you will be advised if you have been shortlisted for further assessment in London by 20 April 2014.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:22 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got the right email address Dunc - sounds like your getting something different.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:28 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

To be on the safe side best give them a ring to see if they have it.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:49 am
Just Joined

I sent it from Work as it was easier to do it that way as I scanned and converted all the documents to PDF using the work systems.
The automated message was from "Postmaster" and said that the recipient had received it. I don't think it would block incoming messaged though as I have received emails from partner agencies ect that have come through just fine.
I thought I had read somewhere that the would not like any telephone calls.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

And now we wait. Good luck folks.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 12:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dunc2104
I sent it from Work as it was easier to do it that way as I scanned and converted all the documents to PDF using the work systems.
The automated message was from "Postmaster" and said that the recipient had received it. I don't think it would block incoming messaged though as I have received emails from partner agencies ect that have come through just fine.
I thought I had read somewhere that the would not like any telephone calls.
Did you mean to say successfully 'relayed' to the recipient in the first message, instead of relented? If so, its just a standard message from your server at work. It means that the server has sent the message on. It doesn't mean it has been received at the other end. Its just a kind of computerside way of the message saying 'bye, I'm leaving the building'! (at least thats how my IT guru explained it to me a couple of years back!!!)
Then you may get another one from the other end to say the message has been delivered. That will just mean it has reached their server.Only when you get the same message as the others will you know it has actually reached the right mailbox.

I would send a second message if you don't hear by Monday, just saying politely that your work email server has has issues lately and you would just like to confirrm the application has been received.

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 5th 2014 at 1:00 am.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 1:39 am
Just Joined

Hi Pollyana,
I have sent the application and documents from my personal email address to be on the safe side and explained the situation should there be a duplicate. I have now received the proper confirmation from Wapol. Thanks for the advice.
Suppose it's a waiting game now...
Thanks
Dunc
Old Apr 5th 2014, 3:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dunc2104
Hi Pollyana,
I have sent the application and documents from my personal email address to be on the safe side and explained the situation should there be a duplicate. I have now received the proper confirmation from Wapol. Thanks for the advice.
Suppose it's a waiting game now...
Thanks
Dunc
Excellent
Best of luck from here on.....
Old Apr 5th 2014, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck it will be competitive due to the large number of applications.

250 spots up for grabs guys.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

Do we have any indication of actual numbers applying?
Old Apr 5th 2014, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by foggy balla
Do we have any indication of actual numbers applying?
From what has been talked about it's a large number of applications come in.

No idea of numbers sorry
Old Apr 5th 2014, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Last campaign there was around 600 applied I would expect a similar number this time. Maybe a few less cause of the service bracket staying closed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.