Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Old Mar 31st 2014, 5:43 pm
Ozzie dreamin'

random bird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Thanks pincher I shall give that a go � ����
Old Mar 31st 2014, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

stuartt0908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pincher
Hi.
Re the link. Just go to the main Australia forum and post what you want to know there. Plenty of really good peeps with loads of good, helpful advice.

It took 8 months for my visa as I am privileged to be married to an Ozzie and that was for a spouse visa. From looking at previous posts, if you're successful for the relevant work visa the process takes around a month.

Not serving in WAPol yet. I missed out on the summer campaign, so when my visa was granted in October I applied under the Lateral entry scheme. I went out in Feb and passed the selection process. I THINK I'm through and waiting for a start date but WAPol aren't giving anything away. Just sitting tight at the moment.
Thanks for explaining Pincher, and for the advice. I'll keep mine crossed for you if you keep yours crossed for me!!

Stu.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:55 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by random bird
Thanks pincher I shall give that a go ������
The main Oz forums are here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

You can get info on suburbs, schooling, medicare, tax, etc in the main forum, general gossip and chit chat in the Barbie, there's a weather watch forum and obviously a visa / citizenship forum too
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

stuartt0908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Will someone please remind me that there is no way there will be any emails sent regarding progression to the next stage until at least after closing date for application.

Maybe I'll just check my emails one more time, just in case......

Aaarrrghhhh.

Stu.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 4:20 pm
Ozzie dreamin'

Me and the husband are exactly the same stu, feels like the clocks have stopped!!! Grrrr!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 4:30 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

You'll get an e-mail acknowledging receipt of your application and that you'll be contacted within 30 days.
And that's just the start of a VERY long waiting process.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

Get used to the waiting guys because this is only the start of it for you!
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 8:09 am
Just Joined

n icegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,ive have been sitting in the wings reading with interest,this is my first post.My husbands application has been sent in now so we're also biting our fingernails while we wait to see if he gets a callback for the assessment in London.We will update our post if we hear anything.Any other irish family applying this time round?Best of luck to all
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent and receipt email received. Oh crumbs! I've had the application, bar the personal statements done for ages. Numerous drafts for each of them before I was satisfied and finally submitted them. Let's hope I've written it well enough to get through the paper sift!
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Dunc2104 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
new to this and not sure if it has been covered or not. Should I have received notification that my application has been received. I sent it off yesterday however have had no notification to say they have it.
Thanks
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

Dunc, I received what looks pretty much like an automated reply, about five minutes after I sent the email. Content was along the lines of "thank you for your interest......... if applying for police officer we've received your email....".
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 3:27 pm
Ozzie dreamin'

We had an automatic reply straight away too, I'd check the email address you forwarded it too and send again to be safe
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 3:47 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Good luck all you guys.

Strap yourself in for the ride that is the WAPol recruitment process!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Dunc2104 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply's I thought I should have had something. Had an issue with the email sending so have sent it once more explaining the situation. Hopefully won't be marked down any if they receive it twice.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Tigre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dunc2104
Thanks for the reply's I thought I should have had something. Had an issue with the email sending so have sent it once more explaining the situation. Hopefully won't be marked down any if they receive it twice.
Dunc,
Check your junk mail folder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.